Best ways to travel short distance?

Reaction score
    I built my space station in a great spot. There's like 5 shops and 20 blue asteroids. But everything is in opposite directions. I am trying to find out the best ways to travel.

I thought first I could but transporters on the shops and get to them that way. but I can't build on a shop.

I thought second that I could jump back and forth, but jumping seems to have an accuracy that leaves me between 10k and 5k away.

Is there a way to make jumping more accurate?

My ship is not slow, but if I get up to a high enough speed to get where I am going quickly I can't stop in time and go whizzing past. Most of my travel time seems to be sitting there holding the brake and slowing to a halt.

Everything I need is within 15k, but its surprisingly time consuming to get from place to place. Is it supposed to be like that?

Can I put transporters on asteroids? some of the shops have an asteroid next to it.
    I was going to make space stations with transporters but apparently theres limits on how close space station scan be to each other and making a space station teleport for each shop would be expensive.

Is it worth it to make warp gates from my base to the mining areas?

(ps, bonus questions: how do I sell all my mining loot? the shops will only take like 5k of each thing and I have like 50k and only 4 shops)

Reactions: Black Corporation
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    If you do have the cash, consider making a small, station if you dont like the ship idea.

PS, i could swear ive seen your name elsewhere..

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you do have the cash, consider making a small, station if you dont like the ship idea.

Do stations still cost CR to spawn/initiate? And swearing is bad :p (do you mean bet?)

Park a ship with a transporter next to the shop.
    Nice idea. Pirates?

Would be cool if shops have 1 public TP by default.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Do stations still cost CR to spawn/initiate? And swearing is bad :p (do you mean bet?)

Nice idea. Pirates?

So far as i know they do, station would be more of a long term goal of course, plus, they need defenses too!

Reaction score

Nice idea. Pirates?

I don't know about the pirates, do they even attack empty ships? A friend left a small ship next to a shop on our server for months now, but we don't see many pirates in our system.

You could always just spam a bunch of shields on it and hope the trade guild responds to any attacks, park the ship right up against the shop and odds are pretty good that they'll hit the shop in the process of attacking your ship.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    True, but it would still be nice (for lazy peoples) if Trading-Guild's Shop-Stations themselves have Teleporters available to public use.
    Do they not want costumers to visit their shops? ;)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    if you dont want to lock a transporter ship to the station, just use a micro shuttle with overdrive and good thrust. if the stuff is in transporter range anyway you'll get there in seconds.

Reaction score

I think I'll try both, on two different stations.

I get around the internet a lot so it wouldn't surprise me if you'd seen my name before. I'm on Deviantart, Flight Rising and all sorts off stuff.

I'm going to see if I can put transporters on an asteroid.

I wish the shops had a dock

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think I'll try both, on two different stations.

I get around the internet a lot so it wouldn't surprise me if you'd seen my name before. I'm on Deviantart, Flight Rising and all sorts off stuff.

I'm going to see if I can put transporters on an asteroid.

I wish the shops had a dock
    i could swear that shops(the stations) where being redone? if so, it wouldnt surprise me if the new ones did have those transportation modules. Who knows when theyll get released but hey!

Might be DA, i was thinking something else entirely, but could be it!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dunno about transporters, but the new stick shops and the spawn shop will have USD (docks).

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    Sounds like your station is not in the center of the sector. The asteroids and the shop are all in the center of the sector. So if you place your station in the center you never have to travel that extra offset when you jump.

If you refine your materials into other blocks such as computers it is easier to sell it to a small number of shops.