Best Thruster Setup

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The question is pretty self-explanatory I believe.

Ever since the thrust update, what have you (the community) found to be the best setup for thruster calibration? In other words, what percentages do you use for each value and for what purpose. (Maybe someone likes to go 50% forward/back for more responsive forward acceleration, with 20% in rotation and 15% each for up/down & left/right.)

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Optimal thrust configuration is entierly dependant on ship design/role.

BJammin

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Optimal thrust configuration is entierly dependant on ship design/role.
    Exactly. What I'm asking is what configuration do players like for specific roles. I wasn't looking for a 'be-all end-all' setup. (Though if it came off this way, perhaps I should have been more clear.)

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Putting everything on forward and turning can be quite good for small fighters, lots of speed and agility if you don't strafe much. Strangely this is also a good setup on titans because one of those thing is never going to strafe anyway.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Out of interest, would this effect how the ai would use the thrust? So, if you had a small fighter set up as above would the performance be the same as if you was flying it?

With the exception of adding auto damping to a couple of ship types I have never really played with thrust setups.

BJammin

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Out of interest, would this effect how the ai would use the thrust? So, if you had a small fighter set up as above would the performance be the same as if you was flying it?
    Now that you bring this up, I'm curious of this myself. I suggested quite a while ago on that 're-configuring' thread posted by the council to have some way of setting ships' movement speeds based on size. Now that the thrust update has been out for a decent amount of time, maybe it's possible to implement something similar based on what you said.