Best settings for huge ships

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have taken a likeing to flying around in large spacecraft, but they lag up the game. What settings would you recommend for flying around in the Enterprise lag-free?

Reaction score
    Experiment with the settings because every computer is different. Mine for example can have 4 capital ships onscreen at once with 30fps.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Where do I control the FPS? I checked in-game and mine are set to 60 apparently.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    FPS = frame per second. It is a measurement of how fast your machine can draw, not a setting you can make.

The way most OpenGL based graphics programs work, is that they draw farmes as fast as they possibly can. The more things that they have to draw, the longer it takes to draw a frame. So Frames-Per-Second is a handy way to measure what sort of performance you are getting from your system.

As a point of reference, the human eye sees about 24 frame per second. If your system is displaying faster than that, it will look \"smooth\" to your eye. If it is displaying shorter than that, it will look \"jerky\".

So what you want to do is tweak the settings you can tweak until the FPS is more than 24.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Which specific settings can I tweak to achive this? I\'m not sure which ones would be relevant.

Reaction score
    I have a fairly low end GPU. I usually disable the background also stars and shiled effects. These are in game. Also i disabled the purple box fron the settings.cfg file as connecting large groups of things lagged my game a ton. And also no matter how much you nerf the settings there are still some ships you just cant load. For me anything usually over 300 blocks long and over 60k+ mass will normally lag my comp. combat will lag me too.

Reaction score
    You could always tune the java vm....

This is my personal starmade.bat file which is inside of the starmade folder.

@ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D \"%BINDIR%\"
    java.exe -XX:+AggressiveOpts -Xshare:eek:ff -jar starmade.jar -client

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    How would I go about \"tuning my java vm\", and would it be effective and viable for a non-programming peon like myself? :P

Reaction score
    In the launcher you could increase the amount of memory the program uses under the memory settings place. Other than that if you want to make it faster you might have to get into some programming...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think I\'ll leave the programming to the game developers. :)

Surely if the game could be made faster through that, they will do so eventually. Besides I\'m not skilled enough in the computer arts to do so.