Best Effect System for C.C.

Reaction score
    I have a corvette class ship fitted with C.C. and M.D. what is the best effect system I can add to each?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434463619,1434461586][/DOUBLEPOST]Also just how strong should my weapons be? The ship is under 6,000 blocks in size.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have a corvette class ship fitted with C.C. and M.D. what is the best effect system I can add to each?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434463619,1434461586][/DOUBLEPOST]Also just how strong should my weapons be? The ship is under 6,000 blocks in size.
    The weapons are Cannon/Cannon and missile/? (what is D?) I usually use 100% explosive on my cannons and 50% ion on missile/beam. works pretty well.

Reaction score
    I'm sorry it's cannon with cannon slave and missile with damage beam slave. Yeah I agree with you there. Explosive effect looks like it does a lot for area effect.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Some good rules of thumb for weapons systems & their effects
    System size includes the effects you're putting on them, weapon type doesn't matter as they all benefit in a largely homogenous way when it comes to Effects, missiles dealing their block damage differently but essentially working the same per point of power spent (not counting the damage multiplication bug when they hit docked entities).

0-100 block system - Overdrive
    Systems this small don't really benefit from explosive/punch, overdrive will maximise its dps & dpp (damage per projectile) in the minimum amount of blocks.

100-750 block system - Explosive
    Not quite enough damage to really benefit from Punch-through, but more than enough to start doing some meaningful DPP

750+ - Punch-through
    250/250/250 should be just enough DPP to actually get the most out of Punch-through, will give you 1-3 extra blocks destroyed per projectile with non-missile weapons when compared to explosive, slightly less blocks destroyed than explosive when applied to missile weapons, but makes up for it with a "bunker buster" like penetrating blast.

Any Size - Ion & EMP
    Ion is like cheap overdrive, and technically the most efficient effect in terms of DPS, except for the fact you lose block damage and all penetration options, in the current shield spam meta you really need an Ion option to be competitive, but will become much more situational or even just plain mediocre with the hull/armor update. EMP on a high eDPS system (Cannons and Beams) can be very powerful, especially against larger ships that rely moreso on power storage than power regen, the hull/armor update will make it even stronger since the changes will force ships into being more power focused, and overall less stable.