Best 10x10x10 Energycube layout

Reaction score
    Again I\'m not saying make actual straight lines, but ones that are the shape of the ship, so ones that are close to 200x100x100 each

Edit: So lets say you just made one that was 200 long, that is 152k power vs the 10x10x10 area giving 90k, so with 290 less blocks you came out with over 150% power output.

If you really needed the power, you could make those lines that extended your ship.. .so lets say around 180 + 80 + 80 (so thats 20 blocks from each side that you are ignoring) giving 240 blocks.which gives 240k power.

All I\'m trying to say, is that while yes, you can do reactors that have a lot of power in a small space, it is almost never worth it, even for small ships, because you can save blocks by going for efficiency vs brute force of the reactors. Heck two sets of 25 \"long\" will give 10k power vs 9927 from the 5x5x5 cube (125 blocks (some shields of course) The 5x5x5 is already taking up 15 blocks of space, you should be able to figure out how to add on another 10 to that and save a bunch of blocks (mass), or use it for weapons / shields instead.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah, I think I understand.. no, I\'m not recommending people use these 10x10x10 blocks in ships which are far larger than that; I\'d strongly recommend against it. I wasn\'t trying to compare that example of 200x100x100 with the 10x10x10, that would be ludicrous. I was trying to point out that single sticks are not the best in any circumstance other than a 1 block high volume. I know you\'re not talking about straight sticks either; but we were earlier, as you can see in the screenshots. That\'s what we were comparing.

Also, in saying that your sticks aren\'t straight either, they follow the \'curvature\' of the ship, isn\'t a stone\'s throw away from what I was doing by lumping all those \'curved\' sticks together in one block, because that\'s what it is essentially, just a load of different lines, stretching as far as they can within the block dimensions they\'re allowed. The only reason they\'d be constrained to block sizes like that would be because it\'s determined purely by the size of the ship.

I think we\'re arguing the same side.

Reaction score
    It might be useful in that thunderdome contest for 10x10x10 ships. For what i saw in rules, they allow cloaking. But this size of power is not enough to perma-cloak and radar jam. + you need to add guns and thrusters inside, and build that all in 3 minutes... which is hardly realistic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have been working on a stealth frigate, and i couldn\'t do it with the hollow box generating method. Thanks for finding the most efficient power regen method!