Best 10x10x10 Energycube layout

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whats your best layout for a 10x10x10 energycube?

My best outputs 78.8k energy :D

So since i know that i pretty much suck at building energysystems please show me your layouts :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don\'t have anything that produces that much power, best I know is a 5x5x5 that outputs 9500. Would be interested to see your layout though.

Reaction score
    Best 5x5x5 is 9927ish

Going higher than that it is usually more effective to have powee run the around your ship than in a confined space

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ik that 5x5x5 cubes but i want a 10x10x10 cube since they output way more power :)

Reaction score
    Here\'s my design for 81995 power regen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2bg2scusk10z8u/10xpower_81995.png

I used only L-shapes, starting 10x10, next 9x9, 8x8 and so on, in checkerboard pattern. Afterwards i also tried a very complicated 3-dimensional shape but it fell far behind in power, only 70k.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very nice! When you get down to the 5x5x5 L shapes, there should be better arrangements there, I\'m going to have a go.

Edit:
    Balls, so close:

This isn\'t the best 5x5x5 block though, so it could be better.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gotcha!

Wouldn\'t have been possible without your design of course.

Reaction score
    Very nice, i couldn\'t do that on quick try even after seeing the picture.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks! If you start with a pair of interlocking 3D L shapes, so it\'s sort of like a cross, but half of the axes offset from each other, it\'s just a case of muddling it out from there really while trying to keep the longer lengths intact.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just for curiosity\'s sake, here\'s what 490 power blocks can do in a single line (same number used as the one above):

Reaction score
    You guys realize that this is very inefficient per block right? You can get 97k from a set of 100 block \"lines\" or 152k from a 200 long \"line\". You are using 490 here to get under 90k

If your ship is big enough to need this kind of regen you can save a lot if mass by just running power along the outside/ center

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It was just in response to OP\'s question really. It\'s more about an efficient use of space if you\'re restricted to that size, not about getting the most out of the number of blocks you have.

The highest output of power would be for all blocks to be part of a single entity, so a line, an L shape or 3D L, they\'re all the same. (As demonstrated in the screenshot directly above your post, 490 in a single line gave over 600,000 e/sec.)

Obviously you can\'t have just one grouping in your ship, so you\'d need multiple. As shown above, simply laying out many sticks of X amount long is actually not the best; we tried that, and while it gave a lot, it didn\'t have the best output.

Since your ship is likely not going to be one dimensional, unless you\'re being unconventional, there\'s a better pattern than sticks of power blocks alone.

Reaction score
    Right, that\'s why I put line in quotes... It isn\'t an actual line but continuous set of blocks that are ever expanding. And like I mentioned you only need a ship that can fit a few long \"lines\" vs using much more space on a reactor

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, let\'s say I had a ship which was 200 blocks long, 100 wide, 100 tall.
    I\'m going to set aside a volume of 150 blocks long, 20 wide, and 8 tall for my power blocks and I\'ll place them on the inside of the bottom part of the hull.
    Rather than running parallel sticks of blocks along the bottom, each 150 long, and there being 80 of them, it would be more efficient to use a pattern along the lines of the one used above. Not the same pattern repeated, just an enlarged version.

It is probably way more power regen than you\'d need, and would be a huge amount of hassle though.

In practise you\'re probably going to just snake basic lines along the bottom though, yeah.