BEHOLD! The Magic 8-Ball..... of DEATH!!!

Reaction score
    Well apparently you\'ve got the normal amount of balls but something happened with your eye. o.o

Reaction score
    Well maybe I\'ll do ya a pokeball thingy. Shouldn\'t take too long in smedit. Give me a day or two and I\'ll make you one. :)

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There was a suggestion made that you wouldn\'t be able to see the orientation of the ship, and I could take the art of decention possible with this to new levels. I.e. a fake bridge on the backside, fake engines on the front, core in the exact center, etc.

Reaction score
    Well, there are 31 turrets inside and they are spread out fairly evenly around front and sides... if you slice it into thirds they are on two decks where the slices would be... so don\'t really think there is any difference which direction you approach though there are fewer in the rear (had to leave open space to fly the turrets in to mount them... rather tricky operation to say the least!). But I suppose it might be some tactical advantage not knowing where the front main weapons are but if you ask me... paint it all one color, you go up against this sucker and don\'t see it firing at you, well, then you know you aint facing the front... it starts to turn... very, very slowly, lol... and now you know where the main guns are... the face that is trying to turn toward you. Thing turns so dang slow anyway and it has that huge tell-tale shuttle bay door on the back so no real trick figuring out where the front is, heehee.

Reaction score
    OK... by request from Imperial_Gold... here\'s your Pokeball! :)

http://star-made.org/node/15194#comment-78217

Reaction score
    Yeah that\'s true. Still it could help, like the camo pattern I\'ve been putting on my own ships. Camo doesn\'t make you unseeable but I find it does funny things to the eyes when you don\'t expect it - I\'ve turned around quickly and not recognized my own ship as my ship before lol. Especially when it\'s in front of something like an asteroid or station. You still see it very quickly but it takes a split second longer to recognize what you\'re looking at, and everything counts in my opinion.

Reaction score
    LOL! Thanks for the song dude! heehee xD

For anybody who downloads any of my \"Death Balls\" and has trouble finding all the internal turret mounts, holler at me and I\'ll help you get em mounted... there are 4 mounts in the front that are a bit tricky to find... sort of gotta \"turret mount hop\" to get them placed in those spots and they may be easily missed.

Inside the shuttle bay there are two big side doors and one bit top door. Either of the side doors gets your turrets into the lower deck. Waaay at the front and up on each side are double upward and downward facing turret mounts. You have to get way up in there. So if you mount your turrets and only get 27 in, you missed those ones.

Also... had no idea what I was doing when I insalled the Pulsator array... did it like a big gun in the upper hole of the \"8\" and didn\'t know they worked like power blocks, so the pulsator no worky! I need to dig em outta there and find a place to put them or simply trash the pulsators for this build altogether.

Live and learn I guess... :p