Beams do not damage blocks

Reaction score
    So, I've been noticing this for awhile, but my damage beams do not damage or destroy blocks, yet they will still do shield damage. I've been constructing some pretty large damage beam arrays on my titan that lag my pc a little, so I figured that the lag might be responsible for this. Recently, out of curiosity since I was planning on adding an additional beam array, I constructed a small 60 block checker board array, and found that even with nothing slaved and no effects added, and with little to no lag when fired, these beams still will not damage or destroy blocks. I get red damage numbers, yet the blocks never take any damage.

I have an additional seemingly unrelated issue going on with damage beams that has been officially reported, but I figured I'd post this here first and see if anyone else has encountered this problem.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've got the same problem. All weapons except damage beams seem to work fine. I tried w/wo slaves and effects, but nothing works for beams. After restarting the game I also noticed that my weapon blocks aren't shown as properly connected to the weapon computer. It's the same problem as reported here:
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/beam-offset-from-entity-bug-or-client-server-issue.6554/

The violet "connection boxes" are now below my ship.
    If I connect the real weapon blocks, the beams are fired from them, as well as the "phantom blocks" and in the weapon menue both seem to count (doubling the amount of actualy placed blocks). But they still don't damage any target.

I guess those two problems are connected.