Beam/Beam weapons not displaying/dealing damage unless they hit something at close range

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    I'm having a problem with a ship using 2 setups with beam/beam weapons.

When i shoot at something that's close (<4km away), and i hit it, the weapons work fine, even if the beams go through the target, they continue to display with no issues. I also have a turret with a beam/beam weapon and it has the same problem, however other beam weapons seem unaffected; my slaveless beams and missile slaves work, even at 5km range (I have 12km sector size) and if i remove the beam slaves, theres no issue.

It doesn't seem to matter whether i right click or left click; i've even tried using logic to fire the beams, they just don't work. is there a setting somewhere i need to change, or is this a bug?

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    This is something else, the beams simply do not display on top of not hitting anything. My capacitor drops, and the game lags when theres a lot of beams, even if they're invisible.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is something else, the beams simply do not display on top of not hitting anything. My capacitor drops, and the game lags when theres a lot of beams, even if they're invisible.
    How many beams do you have? There is a setting for max visible beams.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Even with a single beam firing it doesn't display, and i set maxbeams to 9001, so that should not be the issue. Also the beams display fine at close range, as long as they hit something. I think it's related to the length of the beams, but can't really say.