Read by Council Be able to shoot diffrent weapons at the same time.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Being able to shoot diffrent weapons at the same time.
    A computer that can control and group cannons in your ship to be able to control multyple turrets of the same type like in world of war ship.

Reactions: jgames666

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    So basically turrets with fire at selected?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Being able to fire multiple weapons at once without the multi-output debuff or the "i can't fucking aim" debuff of logic firing would be overpowered. No thank you.

Being able to control turrets would be nice, though, seeing as how turrets have some problems.

Reaction score
    Do multiple players using separate weapon computers have the multi-output penalty? Because once the quarters update hits I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to set up the AI doing that.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    Could you make the weapon fire button be a toggle instead of hold down?

Turrets sould be able to be fired from the main ship by linking them to inner ship remotes(also toggleable) and when turned on the turrets would turn with your camera, and would fire as constantly as possible.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455112969,1455112936][/DOUBLEPOST](Like when you hold the fire button down

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I could honestly support this for one reason:

I like putting one block beam/beams in front of my cannons so that I can more easily see exactly where they are firing at.

Currently cannon fire is very small and difficult to see in hectic situations. Even when I stop to look, half the time I'll see the cannon barrel pulse and thats how I know its firing more so than actually seeing the shots fly out.

I build all my cannon turrets that way, because the AI will fire them both at the same time and effectively give me laser tracers. I wish I could do that for main weapons.

Reaction score
    yeah, would be nice with a targeting mechanic for logic, like a weapons-control block, where it'll use whichever weapons are slaved to it, but also be able to use the lock-on from missiles.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I could honestly support this for one reason:

I like putting one block beam/beams in front of my cannons so that I can more easily see exactly where they are firing at.

Currently cannon fire is very small and difficult to see in hectic situations. Even when I stop to look, half the time I'll see the cannon barrel pulse and thats how I know its firing more so than actually seeing the shots fly out.

I build all my cannon turrets that way, because the AI will fire them both at the same time and effectively give me laser tracers. I wish I could do that for main weapons.
    This is less of an issue on servers with lower max speeds.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Being able to fire multiple weapons at once without the multi-output debuff or the "i can't fucking aim" debuff of logic firing would be overpowered. No thank you.
    While sensible in the short term, that reasoning is very problematic. Arbitrary limits on the interface are not a sustainable means
    of balancing the game. It's specific to the way mechanics work at present, precludes any in-game moddability or programmablity to ship controls, and overall hampers what interface improvements can be introduced. Some other piece of balancing would have to be introduced, sure, but relying on this one is not a good idea.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    While sensible in the short term, that reasoning is very problematic. Arbitrary limits on the interface are not a sustainable means
    of balancing the game. It's specific to the way mechanics work at present, precludes any in-game moddability or programmablity to ship controls, and overall hampers what interface improvements can be introduced. Some other piece of balancing would have to be introduced, sure, but relying on this one is not a good idea.
    What solution would you suggest to
    1) being able to fire massive amounts of lock ons at once for no debuff
    2) being able to bypass the decreasing effectiveness of cannon punching for no debuff
    3) being able to fire massive beam waffle shotguns with no debuff
    being added if this suggestion was added?

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Tracking how many projectiles have been fired in the last second or so shouldn't be difficult, nor should a ship-wide weapons power debuff scaling with that quantity be.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I do agree that there needs to e a Fire all weapons button on this game. So you don't have switch. Plenty of SCI FI tv shows and games have the ability to fire all weapons at one target. So it wouldn't be anything unheard of. Now it's more than likely going to take a lot more power to do it so you won't be able to do it for long. I do like this idea. I know people do not like anything they feel will make any ship over powered but the truth is fire all your weapons at one time is nothing new to the SCI FI world. I don't see why it wouldn't be a normal function to have. "MR WORF !!! FIRE ALL WEAPONS !!!"

Last edited: