Battery Packs

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, I've been thinking... Power regenerators and storage blocks are all great and all, but there's another kind of power regeneration method that could be put in the game...

Battery Blocks!

These are blocks that carry a discrete amount of power that can be discharged into your main power supply using a weapon-like hotkey button.

This causes one battery to disintegrate itself and the power it contained to be slurped into the power supply.

This means that people can effectively 'buy fuel' at shops to carry if they don't want to be self-sufficient with their own reactors.

eeg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seems pretty pointless to me. Why buy these one-use battery packs when one can have a large energy buffer for burst usage of the generators by just piling on bunches of power tanks? As it currently works, you can have a pretty vast difference between power generation and typical power usage and still use your systems in pretty decent bursts and stop in between if you have a lot of power tanks to give your ship/station sufficient energy storage. These proposed one-use, self-destructing battery blocks would surely be a complete waste of money in the long run, and just plain annoying to have to constantly replace in the short run.

Reaction score
    I agree, this seems very pointless. A power block and storage tank would be passive, meaning no user input required, and they just work. They are cheap already so there is no reason you would need to \"refuel\".