basic factory power

Reaction score
    I am back on the planet and I was setting up a shop with my basic factory , cap refin. and my Mirco ass. I ran out of power? but it would let me hook power too them? What am I doing wrong... what didn't I read right? I have plenty of power mods just want to know how to hook them up efficiently

D

Deleted member 433088

When making an efficient reactor group, the basic rules are that:

1. For the reactors to be considered connected, they must share a face; those that only touch diagonally are not connected.
    2. The most efficient groups are those in which every reactor contributes to make the imaginary "box" that contains the whole group bigger. This means some of the most efficient shapes are simple straight lines, as well as T, L, and X shapes.

It's important to keep this "box" concept in mind. If you have, say, ten reactors, you could make a 10-block line, or a 6x5 L shape, or a 4x4x4 corner shape. What's important is that the "box" is as big as possible, because it is included in the power formula. In these three examples, the sum of the box's sides is 12: 10x1x1, or 6x5x1, or 4x4x4. But if I used those 10 reactors to make a C shape that was 4x4, then the "box" containing it would only be 4x4x1 = 9 and the power would be lower.
    It's kinda hard to explain with words, though. Suffice it to say that, if you don't need a lot of power and you have space such as on a planet, a simple straight line of reactors will be perfectly efficient.

Also, don't forget that if you're connecting factory enhancers to your factories, those increase the power they consume as well.

Reaction score
    So a straight 10 in a line and connect Fatory faces to them? I Have plenty of power cubes... but I just need some to just make me some raw materials.

D

Deleted member 433088

It's not really needed to connect the factories, just the reactors to each other. Looking back what I wrote was kinda unspecific, I should have clarified that.
    Right now power is immediately distributed to the whole thing you're building on, be it a planet, a ship, or a station... kinda like magic, but let's say it's wireless power transmission like good old Tesla is said to have invented.

Reaction score
    Okay. So then I need to CClarify. When I went to The planet I set up a basic factory a capsule thing... and that mirco assemblers... when I turned them on it gave me red... 155/500 power needed or something. There has to be a way to give them more power right? So they get their job done? That's what I am looking to do.

D

Deleted member 433088

That's weird, just plopping down some reactors on the planet should do it. Off the top of my head, ten reactors in a line should be enough to power one of each factory...

Reaction score
    That's weird, just plopping down some reactors on the planet should do it. Off the top of my head, ten reactors in a line should be enough to power one of each factory...
    I will have screen shots totomorrow. I just want to do some mining. And figure out a next step... I am to the point where I have outplayed my knowledge. You know what i mean...

Reaction score
    the block of ten worked perfectly. and I discovered the joys of the build block. :) I am re-inhabiting an abandon base my buddies left due to pirate attacks. I haven't attack at all but I am waiting and in the mean time making the place look nice. I am going to build a zen garden to meditate and let the ideas come to me. I feel too crowed at their space station.