Base shields/improvment, and block protection

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been at Starmade for a little under a week. Me and my buddies have a couple of good suggestions.

First thing: Base improvement. This would pretty much allow asteroid bases/space stations to have shield arrays and turrets. Now, If you already can have turrets, it needs to be improved, for example make it only shoot a certian faction or a number of factions, or certain players. Base shields would be great for protecting your hardly worked on asteroids from pirate attacks. Another thing is possibly hanger shields/doors? Specifically built for hangars (obviously) it could have it's own control room.

Another addition would be to add per-faction block protection. Any block considered connected to the faction module would only be able to be modified by the users in the faction, while players not in the faction could only modify the block via weapons (destroying the block).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hanger doors technically do exist already, as plex-doors are scaleable.

The faction module already exists in the game, so I\'m not sure why that\'s a suggestion >_>

I do agree that turret AI should be improved, but I\'m pretty sure that\'s something that is already in the works or something that the devs are aware of so it doesn\'t need to be suggested.

And I\'m also pretty sure shields can be applied to space stations, although I\'m not sure about planets or asteroids.

Reaction score
    Asteroids cannot be shielded, as of yet. Only playermade constructs with a Ship Core.

\"The faction module already exists in the game, so I\'m not sure why that\'s a suggestion >_>\"

I think you missed the point. The suggestion was not for a faction module, but block protection for all items connected to said faction module.

Reaction score
    Well anyone if your faction can still interact with the block, but that\'s just be nitpicking otherwise yeah faction modules do that anyway.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In that case, scratch what I said about that. I feel like an idiot now. Could use some polishing, but I guess that can wait.