Balance Leveling

Reaction score
    Hi

After some time playing your game with a group of friends on our own server we have come to love it... Although there is something we believe missing that will make a game like this push through.

Currently everyone can build with as many blocks as they want creating massive over powered ships which causes many issues in a rp enviroment like we run.

The idea we have come to think would combat this is a RP switch server side which when activated allows the same dynamics you have now but a added level up system... So IE shoot so many npc, players or mine so much and get XP slowly allowing you to go up a level which will allow you to build more blocks to your craft. We dont think it would be fair to limit the type of blocks but to limit the amount would help in not having over powered players with the ability to mine a whole planet within hours of starting.

Thank you for looking at our surgestion and feel free to leave comments

Reaction score
    If this is to be implemented it should be a sever confiq option and nothing more, something like this as a permanent option would restrict players ability to go all out with their imagination (not to mention some players including myself dislike pvp)

On a whole its a good idea but needs some serious thinking behind how its to be implemented, how it works and how many people it will annoy (you cant please everyone)

Reaction score
    Since this game doesn\'t have a large development team or anything, I think the time would better be used elsewhere. I don\'t think this should be even an option, but rather a mod. This is the kind of addition mods are for. It would be cool for people to step up and start developing mods out of the suggestion bin, this would make a good one.

Reaction score
    I agree it should not be something built into the main game if anything if it is, it should be a option in config (The switch i was talking about) It would be good to see Starmade being able to support plugins soon so things like this could be acomplished. Although i can not code Java i have a good team of people behind me that can certainly put in the work to balance and chart the idea.