Backing up server (?)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can we get an admin command to backup our saves in a .zip, like when we do an update and it gives us an option? Someone correct me if I'm not seeing it, I'd imagine there might already be a way somewhere.

Would be cool to create a backup .zip without bringing down the server or hard zipping up all the folders manually.

/backup_server
    (and perhaps /backup_blueprints)

Would save using DateTime.zip, or allow custom file names e.g.: /backup_server ohshidd.zip

Pointing towards a path would be neato too, to save to a different drive. Just like autorestarting servers, it's nice if people don't have to research how to script to host the game.

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    There's a very active SQL DB buried in the world0 folder structure, so aside from the typically 100's of 1,000's of files that are subject to changes in that structure at any time, you really can't do a clean backup without taking the server offline. Although since most servers restart at least daily, periodic snapshots would be fairly easy to accomplish. A recent discussion touches on how to accomplish this.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Just like autorestarting servers, it's nice if people don't have to research how to script to host the game.
    There's a very active SQL DB buried in the world0 folder structure, so aside from the typically 100's of 1,000's of files that are subject to changes in that structure at any time, you really can't do a clean backup without taking the server offline. Although since most servers restart at least daily, periodic snapshots would be fairly easy to accomplish. A [hyperlink to thread where you suggest server owners learn to script] touches on how to accomplish this.
    You figure out the rest.

Reactions: BDLS