Award Wilavid7 with the Master Builder Award

Should Schine recognise talented builders, logicians, etc. more?

• Yes. They should be awarded appropriately.

Votes: 12 70.6%
    • Yes. Schine should do something to recognise engineering Talent in Starmade more than just an award.

Votes: 2 11.8%
    • No.

Votes: 1 5.9%
    • Uncertain / Abstain.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score

Take a look at the image above. Looks amazing, doesn't it? Download it. Take a look inside. Every detail, elevator, pod, fighter, weapon, room. Chances are you've missed a floor or two. Watch Raiben's review of this ship. You may have seen what you have never seen before and chances are it's blown your mind, as it has with mind. Something even more mindblowing is that Wilavid7 has not been awarded the Master Builder award. Infact, he hasn't been awarded anything related to his astounding talent as a shipwright. I firmly believe he should be awarded with the Master Builder award to honour his talent, skill and prowess as a shipwright.

Reactions: Wilavid7

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    IIRC it's the council's job to hand out badges

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    IIRC it's the council's job to hand out badges
    There's no Council, if I recall correctly. Something about a term of sorts being suspended until another time, I don't know.

Reaction score
    Take a look at the image above. Looks amazing, doesn't it?
    Taste is subjective. Not to slight this particular build, undeniably a lot of time has gone into this ship, but does time alone warrant a master badge?
    Not everybody has unlimited amounts of time, just like not everybody has creative talent.

I've seen many builds that often enough are on a much smaller scale, that I personally find more creative, more original, and more impressive than yet another titan... not that I think those are exclusive criteria, but things like asymmetry, a harmonizing colour scheme, adequate use of detailing, and the ability to build on a really small scale are at least as valid in my view.

Also I don't think badges are really necessary or even especially useful. If you just look around a bit, you'll quickly find out who "your" master builders are anyway.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It seems like badges were handed out when they were first introduced, then... forgotten....

The only badges going out in the past year or so, even when we did have a council, has been auto-awarded badges.

Edit:
    I voted "No" on the question, because I don't want Schine's valuable time taken up with "recognizing" shipwrights. It may be a better thing for the site devs to create some sort of popular voting system to award these players with badges when they reach enough popularity.

Reactions: Aesthetics

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Taste is subjective. Not to slight this particular build, undeniably a lot of time has gone into this ship, but does time alone warrant a master badge?
    Not everybody has unlimited amounts of time, just like not everybody has creative talent.

I've seen many builds that often enough are on a much smaller scale, that I personally find more creative, more original, and more impressive than yet another titan... not that I think those are exclusive criteria, but things like asymmetry, a harmonizing colour scheme, adequate use of detailing, and the ability to build on a really small scale are at least as valid in my view.

Also I don't think badges are really necessary or even especially useful. If you just look around a bit, you'll quickly find out who "your" master builders are anyway.
    I have to agree with Valck in particular, to me, that ship had several design executions that I don't find all too impressive. Labor and execution are two different things and that ship alone does not warrant him a priority to a master builder title in comparison to the rest of us. In fact, most of the master builders are judged based on popularity rather than skill and to repeat what others have said, "taste" is very "subjective." I personally have seen ships done by other players that I find quite impressive as well, some of which are worthy of the master builder's badge but yet again that's still my opinion. I am currently pursuing an education in an art institution and the geniuses labeled by the pedagogical higher ups are ... questionable.

To say the least, I respect the builder's attention to detail but I don't quite grasp what is so masterful about that particular ship. And to balance out my critical attitude, I will say this though. Does he really need a "badge?" What is so important about it? In fact, I don't judge people's ships by a stupid badge, I look at the style and see whether their tastes is inline with my wants. In my opinion, having one's work shown in a gallery in real life just like Raiben's or Saber's review videos is a great honor. I think having an audience is so much more rewarding than having a gold surface to rub your ass on. If you really want shipwrights to get noticed, get out there and start making review videos, start posting his work on reddit and upvote it to oblivion. Audience is so much more substantial than a stupid forum gimmick.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Wow, just the fact that this thread exists in the first place is a really big honor :D. I'm just glad that people enjoy my ships as much as I enjoy making them. I really appreciate all of the compliments and criticisms that you guys have given me, its always a big encouragement.