Bug Avatar issues

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This is one for the maintainers of the site, so resba . I have been seeing this rather annoying bug with user avatars. Some are just not loading

This is not happening with any other type of image on the site, and this is the unusual bit, everyonce in a while, some will load, then disappear when I click someones name and get the profile overlay.

Incase it is isolated to me (haven't been able to check)
    windows 7 64bit
    Chrome 32bit

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    Does happen on Firefox and the Android 4.4 browser, too. I suspect some kind of caching issues. Reloading a page will show avatars that were missing, but remove others that were visible before.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    So it would turn out the avatars are also refusing to load in email notifications sent by this site (I get alot of them).

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I am also having some issues with avatars :u Windows 7 (64bit) and Chrome (32bit)
    Is a tad annoying, since I've come to use avatars to know who's post it is, cause reading names takes too much effort xD

Reactions: therimmer96

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I've come to use avatars to know who's post it is, cause reading names takes too much effort xD
    Thats why this is annoying me aswell, and why the lack of them in chat annoys me :P

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This bug does seem to be effecting other images as well, I've seen the thumbnails in the community content section do the same thing.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I dont check there, so i dont know, but thanks for the reply,gave me proof the emails are doing it aswell

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Just started today and randomly just selects Avatars and breaks them. I would reload and broken would fix and fine would break :/

Reaction score
    Okay, all those wonky issues should be resolved now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I still have this problem, now it's not random, but connected with certain users ( example: 1adog1 and kola2DONO)
    Reloading the page doesn't help, so i constantly see this bug as these people's avatar.

I can see that some users don't have an avatar and they have this white bust.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I still have this problem, now it's not random, but connected with certain users ( example: 1adog1 and kola2DONO)
    Reloading the page doesn't help, so i constantly see this bug as these people's avatar.

I can see that some users don't have an avatar and they have this white bust.
    The white bust is there as a default avatar. If they don't customize themselves with a picture that's what they're stuck with.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The white bust is there as a default avatar. If they don't customize themselves with a picture that's what they're stuck with.
    Yeah, yeah, i know :) i didn't explained why i wrote it...
    It was just to tell i do not have this problem with not changed/customized avatars of other users, because this issue is with users with pretty new accounts :)

Reaction score
    Some users who have broken avatars may need to re-upload their avatar. Sorry about that :)