Auto piloting and scout probes

Reaction score
    When im in my capital super carrier i dont wanna sit in a cockpit holding down the w key untill i get to the respective sector. I want to sit down and relax with my crew members while taking a sip of my space coffee (a disgusting drink. Dont try it IRL!). So why not implement an auto pilot that when i activate it could take me to a typed waypoint in my nav.

Also it would be pretty cool to add a scouting function in the bobby ai module. making it so that you could send a scouting probe at the respective coordinates to scout in a 2000 m radius and then returning back to my capital ship giving me information about what ships there is in the area, and what faction they belong to.

Reaction score
    I think that the autopilot and scout probe are a good idea. The autopilot would need to be nerfed is some way and would have to be set to avoid planets and suns (lol). The autopilot would probably only take you 100km out and take lots of power so as not to have people have it take them to 10000 10000 10000 +. The scouts would probably have to have special blocks and a time it would have to sit still so that tehey cannot enter a sector then run away so their is time to hit them and destroy them to keep the sector private. Or if you hit a database block (new block I just invented) it would dump all the data and the probe would cease all functions and dump its data.

Reaction score
    The auto pilot could also encourage throw away igns. You could have 10 huge turret ships with throw away igns piloting them (you can run starmade multiple times on one computer) and at almost the same time have them all fly towards a base so you have 10 throw away igns flying ships towards an enemy base on one comp. This would not work. One ship dies all its turrets are released and cause lag another one dies its turrets are release they cause lag. Untill someone or the turrets kill all the turrets up and they overheat thiy will remain and cause lag.

Reaction score
    If you were to suggest the idea of the scouting probe shoot info back then. Their would have to be signal delay and it must not be completly exact like say 100m to 300m out. Or if its moving give a ballpark on the speed and the direction.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you not know the edit link? Maybe not even the preview button?

You can not keep any sector private as long as cloak+jam-able ships exist.

Or maybe you can - just create a gigantic plex-door and grey hull wall around it :)

But then you still give a hint about your position.

Reaction score
    i like your idea of how you can have autopilot doing the flying for you so you don\'t have to sit in your pilot seat holding the w key the whole entire trip (i flew 200km maybe even more and it was so very boring that i shouldive just quit the game and go play something else than to just waste my time on that) cause i also want to be walking around the inside of my ship with other crew members kicking back and enjoying the ride