Auto Hailing for sectors

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Imagin entering a unknown sector and getting hailed "You have entered controlled space, and it is being viewed as a hostile action. leave now or it is war!" then "We are at war!" or something like what the trading guild has, but you get to set up your own messages. mainly for faction bases and things like that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Kinda like that idea, would be nice for folks who make stations near 2,2,2.

\"Welcome to Greiger_Manufacturing_Blue_Base. Please do not test your peashooter on this station, our AM turrets are easily agitated. Have a nice day.\"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That and to repel people from bases, it goes along with the hailing system someone else mentioned, pirates could also hail you when you enter the sector of their station.

Reaction score
    I\'ve always wanted a automatic message to warn people from coming near my station.

Reaction score
    For a more polished game version maybe some sort of radio station/signal beacon could be constructed on say, asteroids, that broadcasts a \"Hello and Welcome to Starmart, all purchases are final\"-style message?

This would be a bit less immersion breaking than just having a \"yo, keep out of our space!\" set in faction settings (which is totally cool to implement at these early stages.)

Furthermore, if you do decide to move on and declare war on the faction, you get the satisfaction of blowing up their radio beacon. Ehurhurhurhur.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is exctly why i said to have it be set by you, that way it could be anything from declaring war to that :D