Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is the view of the transporter room on my station:
    starmade-screenshot-0002.png

In the doorway there are area sensors to toggle gravity so that when I beam in and leave the transporter room it will automatically turn the gravity on. Thing is, when I cross into it to teleport out, this happens:
    starmade-screenshot-0003.png

Apparently the "galactic up" of the universe when I'm not in station gravity and the "up" of the station are not aligned.

I honestly don't know how it got this way, as I left the ship and was free floating when I paid for the station, but man is it annoying to have the alignment suddenly whip around on me like that whenever I go to beam out.

Could we take some extra steps maybe to ensure that when a station is bought/spawned that it automatically align's it's "up" with the same "up" a free floating astronaut experiences so we don't get this drastic of a camera shift?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    enter a core.. press "C" to aling, go out the core, spawn a space station block, that work for me :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459818617,1459816590][/DOUBLEPOST]otherwise (more complicated) to align the space station in the center of a sector is to press "F11" and go getting close to where you send the camera view ( i recomend use a core+powerblock+thruster for fast movement ), this way you center as much as possible your station, and avoid those annoying problems creating your station at the intersection of two or more sectors