Read by Schine Audio: Theme Music

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    This will be met with a lot of "impossible!"s, but as far as audio wishlists go (because I know an audio overhaul is in the works) I think ships and/or-at-least stations should be able to play uploaded music within a certain distance or sector.

The game is largely a social affair anyway, and I can't count the number of times players in chat start asking and talking about what music each is listening to. It'd be a social coup if it could be pulled off. Players could either share favorite songs or use "theme music" for their creations.

Perhaps the audio could be piped in from a cloud or something. Certainly each player would need to be limited in upload size.

Just an idea. I realize it'd be difficult to impossible to implement, but I think it's worth looking into on the part of devs.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Part of this starts to get into copyright infringement and what counts as a public setting.

We're going to be doing a lot with audio, so who knows what the future holds, perhaps a solution to this quandary that would make something similar to this possible. No promises.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Part of this starts to get into copyright infringement and what counts as a public setting.
    Copyright is based on the Patent-law.
    That Patent-law is based on ingenuity.​

If you can mathematically proof, that you posses the ingenuity to independently re-create the subject, Patent-law should accept you as sole-owner too, which allows you to share it under your own license.

In a sentence, we raise or lower the frequency and velocity of our voice according to what we want to highlight and what type of sentence it is.
    Any method to apply these rules to music and formulate them will both compress audio data and proof your ingenuity.​

The complexity in music is very similar to the complexity in language.

A question can demand [silent acceptance or forced denial] ( "~, or not?" )
    A question can state [the fact that you are not sure about something] (A question that doesn't demand an answer by context )

A statement can be a question ( "You said X=true. Y=X. Y=true then, if I didn't miss-understood you." )​

.And music is language.

The instruments are choose by skill which is based on preference or by pattern.
    The pattern - each part of it, reminds us of language patterns, the tides (= tunes) of emotions :) which depends on frequency, pattern).

.Instead of arguing about copyright, we should teach the rules behind music creation in a coherent manner and provide tools to mathematically proof that it's yours.

And if somebody says: "Hey, you got that idea from me!",
    we could proof that we have created it from our own thoughts.

We should claim he has stole "the possibility" of owning "the content" from us by being ingenue ourselves and that "this possibility" is an intellectual property of whole humankind.

Based on the rule (at least for Germany) that Patented things must come from ingenuity,
    which it is not if everybody can do it.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Interesting read NeonSturm, not entirely sure what you were expecting as a response to it.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I expect an ambiguous response, Bench :) You said it is interesting which is nice to hear and more than I expected :D

As far as I know, license-law is based on patent-law which requires ingenuity.

As defined by GEMA, it is a unique pattern of 4 elements (notes I think) which I consider far too few.

I don't know how much "hacked" the license-law is to fit certain companies' needs, but I am playing with the idea that a computer program might automatically create music and inputs it into the licensing-field (or use a human to do it).

I worry about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak (from Nineteen Eighty-Four) for the most time-compressed form of high-language which is called music.
    Music can deliver thoughts like no advertisement or non-musical propaganda can. It's freedom is worth protection.

When we know how to expand human life-time, everybody will have the time to learn it properly.
    Same when you can download knowledge into the brain - maybe by custom-fitted information-formatting and trained memory.
    Some humans can remember everything, maybe we can learn/train this special neuronal pattern enough to make a huge difference in learn-speed, if we just know how to do it.