Atmosphere bug? Or some incorrect setting?

Reaction score
    Before reporting this as a bug, just wanted to make sure it was one.

Currently a totally "default settings" game I am noticing planets have zero atmosphere, just space when you look up. Now I recall planets at least "used" to have skies on them, were these removed or is this a serious bug in a recent build?

I have noticed that when the sun in directly overhead there is a very very tiny atmosphere-like effect around the sun, but still space outside that effect.

starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg
    starmade-screenshot-0003.jpg

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    This has been occurring since the changing from disc planets to decahedrons.
    Our atmospheric scattering shader needs rewriting in places to accommodate the new planet sizes.

The bug is logged and in cue. I've mentioned it a few times before, it's definitely a known issue.

Reactions: Lidren

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I think the "atmosphere generation radius" should be even bigger then it was on the disc planets, if possible. Would give indeed a better feeling on planets.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This has been occurring since the changing from disc planets to decahedrons.
    Our atmospheric scattering shader needs rewriting in places to accommodate the new planet sizes.

The bug is logged and in cue. I've mentioned it a few times before, it's definitely a known issue.
    Who would have to do this rewriting? Schema?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Who would have to do this rewriting? Schema?
    Yea. Most likely. I think it requires defining such things as new inner / outer diameters for planet / atmosphere bounds in the game code, not the shader file itself (from my limited knowledge poking around).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Could terraforming be added? What I mean, is say you wanted to change the way your atmosphere looked, would be neat to place terraformers on the planetary surface to get our planet to look how we want from a distance. :) Let me know if I'm out in the left spiral arm.