At times I take damage even when my shield is at full power, why?

Reaction score
    It doesn't give me a warning that shields are down or anything, I just take a load of damage despite having insane shields.

Any clue why?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Check that youre not anywhere near a star, because they damage through shields

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Happened to me to, except the bullets that were hitting me weren´t hitting me, if that makes any sense, they were shooting but not at my position so i was able to take out 2 of them before i realised that their bullets that werent being fired at me or near me was taking blocks away with full shields.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do shields even take all the damage or just \"most\" of it and let some of it through? (Maybe even depending on shield strenght in general?)

For me it looks like the latter case

Reaction score
    Shields can be \"overwhelmed\" by two or more near-simultaneous hits. This is probably a bug but I prefer to see it as an undocumented nerf for giant cubes of shield blocks.

http://star-made.org/content/exploit-make-missiles-ignore-shields

Reaction score
    Interesting. But I feel like that would be silly, because the ships that would benefit from near-simultaneous hits would most likely be big ships as well.... so it\'s an irrelevant nerf

Reaction score
    I\'ve noticed this to, where blocks disappear even though it shows full shields.
    My guess is theyre taking down your shields and doing damage yet your shields recharge near instaly so it isnt visible.

Reaction score
    to be honest if it happens its not that big of a deal. at most its just anoyying. it doesnt do enough damage to really cause you harm in battle or make you lose the battle. plus its an alpha game and there are bound to be problems like that.

Reaction score
    What? \"There are bound to be problems like that does it really matter LOL it\'s an Alpha\"

What? The point of an Alpha is to bring stuff like that to light AND it is annoying as hell on a capital ship

Reaction score
    Missile spam is really, really effective because of this bug. If antimatter rounds bypass shields that\'s usually no big deal but if you can get a missile or a couple of missiles to hit then you win.

Note that the badly damaged wreck will sometimes still have intact shields. They never failed. Just, a few of the missiles passed through the shields and did direct hull damage. If Starmade had a competitive PVP scene (AFAIK it does not) then the competitors would be zooming around in gunboat-sized ships because anything that was too big and slow to dodge missiles would be crippled in ten seconds.

Reaction score
    im getting this glitch now too. and its not just \"insignifigant annoying damage\"

my shields are at full yet im being damaged by every shot as if my shields arent even there. meanwhile i cant even touch the enemy because his blocks just wont take any damage.

if it starts happening it simply wont stop unless i move far enough away that the enemy despawns

the exact same will also happen with players and the only way to fix it is to go 2 sectors away then come back and hope its fixed.

Reaction score
    With the shield changes I\'m excited for taking lame damage through my shields that don\'t recharge now xd

Reaction score
    I think this might be related to the issues people are having with undocking at the moment. I had a brand new ship docked when I got the announcement that a pirate raid was incoming. I hopped in the ship and undocked it. I couldn\'t damage the pirates with my ship, and though I saw the shield hits before I undocked, after I undocked I took some block damage. After the pirates were dead (yay, station turrets), I went to re-dock, but the docking bug hit me. I exited my client, logged back in and found myself (and my ship) about 150m away from the dock with damaged blocks.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    When I\'m in my Destroyer/loner ship, I have this issue while fighting Pirates
    My shields will slowly drop naturally while being nailed by every shot this side of the galaxy, and will eventually die normally. I\'ve noticed, however, that with my ship running entirely on shield capacity instead of regen, I\'ll start taking extreme hull damage at roughly 1/3 of the shield bar left.

This is a bit annoying, since I use the \"SHIELDZ GON OMG\" signal to know when to spam missiles and run before the intricate glasswork, weaponry, and cockpit are destroyed by me stupidly staying in a losing fight.

I\'ve managed to escape pirates several times with my shields at no less than half power only to inspect my ship and find the entire front end missing - from AM cannon shots, no less, as if every single round hit and went through.

Unless it\'s a bug related to the angle at which pirates like to fire (they seem to sometimes shoot sideways, causing shot delays that bypass shields), I\'m not exactly sure what\'s going on here.