Read by Schine Astrotech beams CAN'T heal astronauts?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    So the healing beam can heal both armor plate and systems, as well as players, but the ship-based version cannot?

I was making a medic bay and I had an astrotech beam on rails that would heal the player when they passed into it with activation modules, but while the player entity can interact with the beam, it does not heal the player.

No cool complex automated player healing robots for me :(

Soooo, could this be changed?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Herm... I guess? Technically it's an astroTECH, not astroMEDIC beam.

Automated med-bays are cool though, so I'll approve of this ;)

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    well, the hand held healing beam can heal dirt, advanced armor, electronics, those bug creatures, and human flesh (i assume human) so it probably just depends on what setting it is on/cartridge is loaded.
    (Now I just imagine a glorified tin lunchbox looking thing filled with those small CO2 canisters with different labels that they slap into the gun to 'heal' different things/block types)

For simplicities sake I think they should heal the same things, and not add another set of modules and computers into the game.
    Unless it could be a pulse thing. Healing pulses. Hmm. Wouldn't need the millions of outputs and due to the pulse originating some distance from the output and effecting everything inside of the radius due to old explosion system, it would effectively repair blocks beyond just the first layer...

OH MY GOD A LEGITIMATE USE FOR PULSE AS A PRIMARY

Reactions: jgames666

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    well, the hand held healing beam can heal dirt, advanced armor, electronics, those bug creatures, and human flesh (i assume human) so it probably just depends on what setting it is on/cartridge is loaded.
    (Now I just imagine a glorified tin lunchbox looking thing filled with those small CO2 canisters with different labels that they slap into the gun to 'heal' different things/block types)

For simplicities sake I think they should heal the same things, and not add another set of modules and computers into the game.
    Unless it could be a pulse thing. Healing pulses. Hmm. Wouldn't need the millions of outputs and due to the pulse originating some distance from the output and effecting everything inside of the radius due to old explosion system, it would effectively repair blocks beyond just the first layer...

OH MY GOD A LEGITIMATE USE FOR PULSE AS A PRIMARY
    They should probably just split those out. Give us a handheld astro tech, and a medkit. Then maybe add a healing station/bacta tank.

Reaction score
    Yeah, unless the Daves are cybernetic, and that's why they don't need air... :eek:

Reaction score
    Herm... I guess? Technically it's an astroTECH, not astroMEDIC beam.

Automated med-bays are cool though, so I'll approve of this ;)
    But you have to think astroTECH for blocks and systems, ASTROtech, ASTROnaut for organics and flora and fauna.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    But you have to think astroTECH for blocks and systems, ASTROtech, ASTROnaut for organics and flora and fauna.
    Astro = related to stars, cosmos, etc...

So yea, your comparison doesn't really work in this context since astro can be related to many things, not just astonauts.

Reaction score
    Astro = related to stars, cosmos, etc...

So yea, your comparison doesn't really work in this context since astro can be related to many things, not just astonauts.
    It can be related to astronauts, so it can heal astronauts. (Maybe it can heal stars, galaxies, and other spacey stuff as well)

Reaction score
    What about linking that repair beam to medical blocks? So it drains the health from the blocks?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I would normally tag this as rejected but things might change. I'll ask Bench. Astro tech beams were never really intended to heal players. Having med bays on your ship with crew systems is the route we are taking when it comes to healing players on board their ships.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would normally tag this as rejected but things might change. I'll ask Bench. Astro tech beams were never really intended to heal players. Having med bays on your ship with crew systems is the route we are taking when it comes to healing players on board their ships.
    And a room with automated showers of astrotech beams isn't the most awesome med bay one can imagine? Crew systems wouldn't suffer from that, even in the absence of a specific med-bay block, players could designate the area themselves and have the NPCs take their word for it.