Astronaut Armor

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just thought of this due to all the new weapons an astronaut now has. I also thought of this for RP uses.

Since we have rocket launchers and sniper rifles, it could be easy to kill an astronaut in a single shot (maybe). So my suggestion is along with these new updates we have armor!

Armor Coverings
    Now I don't want it to get too complex because this isn't knight armor. Only certain parts on the body should be covered and for certain reasons. Here is what I suggest for the body parts that should have armor:

Helmet:
    I know we have a helmet available, so I suggest that there should be types of helmets, especially ones that can resist sniper shots. Who knows, maybe we can craft player helmets and enhance them! This would just go from the top of the head to the top of the neck.

Chest-Plate:
    A chest-plate is obviously the main type of armor that would be most important since it covers a large part of the body. This would also give the back protection, too, and maybe shoulder pads. It would just go from the shoulders to the waist.

Limb Plates(Maybe):
    At first I thought this might not be needed, but I guess if they cover most of the arms or legs it would give some protection. This might go for arms from shoulder to hand and for legs from thighs to ankles.

Boots(Maybe):
    Just an idea that if collision while in gravity affected a player falling from a great height, maybe boots would be perfect for such a task! In case this was ever implemented, just thought it might be a good idea to have. This would obviously cover the whole foot.

Just to clarify, I don't think the limb plates or boots are needed. I just thought eventually overtime they could have a purpose.

Armor Types
    For the types of armor there should be a small variety. Sure there should include blaster armor and sniper armor, but I think there should be a little more...

Blaster Armor:
    This armor will resist the shot of a player's blaster.

Sniper Armor:
    This armor will resist the shot of a player's sniper.

I didn't think that we need rocket armor since that might be sorta stupid, but there are more types I'd like to mention...

Cannon Armor:
    This armor will resist the shots of the cannon weapon of a ship.

Missile Armor:
    This armor will resist the range of a missile of the missile weapon of a ship.

Beam Armor:
    This armor will resist the damage beam of a beam weapon of a ship.

I didn't think that pulse was required so I added this effect one:

Explosive Armor:
    This armor will resist the shots of the cannon weapon, the missile of the missile weapon, and will also resist the rocket of a player's rocket launcher.

All-Purpose Armor:
    This armor will resist a small fraction of any damage from any weapon.

Resistance
    Now we know the different parts of armor, the functions of the armor, but we don't know how much it can resist yet. Here's what I think is best:

(Take note that this armor will not have all the stats and there will be one part of armor for each type of resistance. Ex. A chest-plate only reduces 50% damage of a blaster and nothing else.)

Helmet:
    • Blaster: 35%
    • Sniper: 40%
    • Cannon: 20%
    • Missile: 25%
    • Beam: 25%
    • Explosive: 25%
    • All-Purpose: 15%
    Chest-plate:
    • Blaster: 50%
    • Sniper: 50%
    • Cannon: 75%
    • Missile: 60%
    • Beam: 60%
    • Explosive: 60%
    • All-Purpose: 25%
    Limb Plates:
    • Blaster: 15%
    • Sniper: 10%
    • Cannon: 10%
    • Missile: 15%
    • Beam: 15%
    • Explosive: 15%
    • All-Purpose: 7.5%
    Boots:
    • Blaster: 5%
    • Sniper: 5%
    • Cannon: 5%
    • Missile: 5%
    • Beam: 5%
    • Explosive: 5%
    • All-Purpose: 2.5%

This list tallies all armor stats to 105% (I might remove the boots which is the extra 5%), except for the all-purpose armor which tallies to 50%. In summary, the helmet has about 25% of resistance, the chest-plate has around 50% of the resistance, the limb plates have about 15%, and the boots have 5% of the resistance (in half for all-purpose.

OR

We could go with the following:
    • Each helmet resists 25% of its damage from blaster, sniper, cannon, missile, beam, or explosive.
    • Each chest-plate resists 50% of its damage from blaster, sniper, cannon, missile, beam, or explosive.
    • Each limb plates armor resists 20% of its damage from blaster, sniper, cannon, missile, beam, or explosive.
    • Each boots resists 5% of its damage from blaster, sniper, cannon, missile, beam, or explosive.
    • All armor with all-purpose resistance will resist exactly half of the maximum percentage of each armor part.
    In this case all armor part is easily balanced and all tallies up to 100% (except for all-purpose which is once again 50%). I'm not sure which might be better or more fair, but this is what I have.

Hit Points
    So we know the resistance, but how much damage can each part take up before it, erm, breaks? Well, here's how much damage I think each armor part should withstand before being destroyed:

Helmet: 300 Damage

Chest-Plate: 400 Damage

Limb Plates: 200 Damage

Boots: 100 Damage

In total the armor can withstand 1,000 damage. It may look like a lot, but it can be penetrated easily when ship weapons are against it!

Crafting
    Now for the fun part- crafting! The armor should be crafted with certain materials that make sense to use when crafting. Here's what I think so far for each armor part:

Helmet:
    *This could be our basic helmet we are currently using.

OR

For more creativity, it could turn out to be something like this:

[Glass] + [Parstun Ingot] = Armored Helmet
    [Any Glass] + [Parstun Ingot] = Colored Armored Helmet
    [Any Glass] + [Armored Helmet] = Colored Armored Helmet
    [Any Paint] + [Parstun Ingot] = Colored Armored Helmet
    [Any Paint] + [Armored Helmet] = Colored Armor Helmet

Now for the resistance to step in:

(Armored Helmet "[Armored Helmet]" can also equal Colored Armored Helmet "[Colored Armored Helmet]" in the formulas.)

[Armored Helmet] + [Hand Blaster] = Blaster Armored Helmet
    [Armored Helmet] + [Sniper Rifle] = Sniper Armored Helmet
    [Armored Helmet] + [Cannon] = Cannon Armored Helmet
    [Armored Helmet] + [Missile Launcher] = Missile Armored Helmet
    [Armored Helmet] + [Damage Beam Module] = Beam Armored Helmet
    [Armored Helmet] + [Explosive Effect Module] = Explosive Armored Helmet
    [Armored Helmet] + [Nacht Ingot] + [Any Hull] = All-Purpose Armored Helmet

To enhance an Armored Helmet and make it stronger in resistance, the following formula should be used:

[Any Armored Helmet] + [Any Hardened Hull] + [Hital Ingot] = Enhanced Armored Helmet (Any Type)

Chest-Plate:
    [Any Hull] + [Parstun Ingot (2)] = Armored Chest-Plate
    [Any Paint] + [Parstun Ingot (2)] = Colored Armored Chest-Plate
    [Any Paint] + [Armored Chest-Plate] = Colored Armored Chest-Plate

(Armored Chest-Plate "[Armor Chest-Plate]" can also equal Colored Armor Chest-Plate "[Colored Armored Chest-Plate]" in the following formulas.)

[Armored Chest-Plate] + [Hand Blaster] = Blaster Armored Chest-Plate
    [Armored Chest-Plate] + [Sniper Rifle] = Sniper Armored Chest-Plate
    [Armored Chest-Plate] + [Cannon] = Cannon Armored Chest-Plate
    [Armored Chest-Plate] + [Missile Launcher] = Missile Armored Chest-Plate
    [Armored Chest-Plate] + [Damage Beam Module] = Beam Armored Chest-Plate
    [Armored Chest-Plate] + [Explosive Effect Module] = Explosive Armored Chest-Plate
    [Armored Chest-Plate] + [Nacht Ingot] + [Any Hull] = All-Purpose Armored Chest-Plate

To enhance an Armored Chest-Plate and make it stronger in resistance, the following formula should be used:

[Any Armored Chest-Plate] + [Any Hardened Hull] + [Hital Ingot] = Enhanced Armor Chest-Plate (Any Type)

Limb Plates:

[Zercaner Ingot] + [Parstun Ingot] = Armored Limb Plates

[Any Paint] + [Parstun Ingot] = Colored Armored Limb Plates
    [Any Paint] + [Armored Limb Plates] = Colored Armored Limb Plates

(Armored Limb Plates "[Armor Limb Plates]" can also equal Colored Armor Limb Plates "[Colored Armored Limb Plates]" in the following formulas.)

[Armored Limb Plates] + [Hand Blaster] = Blaster Armored Limb Plates

[Armored Limb Plates] + [Sniper Rifle] = Sniper Armored Limb Plates
    [Armored Limb Plates] + [Cannon] = Cannon Armored Limb Plates
    [Armored Limb Plates] + [Missile Launcher] = Missile Armored Limb Plates
    [Armored Limb Plates] + [Damage Beam Module] = Beam Armored Limb Plates
    [Armored Limb Plates] + [Explosive Effect Module] = Explosive Armored Limb Plates
    [Armored Limb Plates] + [Nacht Ingot] + [Any Hull] = All-Purpose Armored Limb Plates

To enhance Armored Limb Plates and make it stronger in resistance, the following formula should be used:

[Any Armored Limb Plates] + [Any Hardened Hull] + [Hital Ingot] = Enhanced Armor Limb Plates (Any Type)

Boots:
    [Fertikeen Ingot] + [Parstun Ingot] = Armored Boots
    [Any Paint] + [Parstun Ingot] = Colored Armored Boots
    [Any Paint] + [Armored Boots] = Colored Armored Boots

(Armored Boots "[Armor Boots]" can also equal Colored Armor Boots "[Colored Armored Boots]" in the following formulas.)

[Armored Boots] + [Hand Blaster] = Blaster Armored Boots
    [Armored Boots] + [Sniper Rifle] = Sniper Armored Boots
    [Armored Boots] + [Cannon] = Cannon Armored Boots
    [Armored Boots] + [Missile Launcher] = Missile Armored Boots
    [Armored Boots] + [Damage Beam Module] = Beam Armored Boots
    [Armored Boots] + [Explosive Effect Module] = Explosive Armored Boots
    [Armored Boots] + [Nacht Ingot] + [Any Hull] = All-Purpose Armored Boots

To enhance Armored Boots and make it stronger in resistance, the following formula should be used:

[Any Armored Boots] + [Any Hardened Hull] + [Hital Ingot] = Enhanced Armor Boots (Any Type)

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or anything to add, please do not hesitate to reply!

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger
    Alliance to Restore the Republic

Last edited:
    Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    I would just prefer buildable armor. Still, making it into parts (helmets, limbs, chestplates) is a good idea and should be a thing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd also like to clarify one other thing:

The armor does not protect you from getting hurt. You still get injured, and if you are killed your armor either is dropped or it can be with you when you respawn. The armor lasts only for some time which is why it has lots of hit points.