Bug Asteroids flying away and then snapping back to place, as well as refusing to be mined with moving asteroids disabled. (singleplayer)

Reaction score
    frequently, while mining asteroids it suddenly flies away in a direction, and freezes before snapping back to place (usually after trying to mine the runaway asteroid) and them flying away in the same direction moments later. in this state it typically can't be mined by salvage beam, has the blue shrinking grid indicator thing appear several blocks away from the visual impact site, acts unnaturally bouncy(bounces ship backwards if ran into) and it has sent my ship flying in the opposite direction at thousands of m/s after snapping back to place with the ship in the way. it typically goes faster and faster each time it flies away.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    based on your 2 threads:

easier to help people with:
    DXDiag report attached
    most recent .log files from starmade
    etc...

Reaction score
    what's a DXDiag report and where do i find it?

the logs are too long for the forum so i put them on gist: link

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    what's a DXDiag report and where do i find it?

the logs are too long for the forum so i put them on gist: link
    404 error on your github link

did you do a proper memtest? What you described in both your threads sounds like the kinda action i'd expect from a bad stick, or from an unstable ram OC

Reaction score
    404 error on your github link
    it says that my account has been flagged on github...
    i contacted support and i'm waiting for them to unflag it, in the meantime i just put it into some shady text hosting site link
    did you do a proper memtest? What you described in both your threads sounds like the kinda action i'd expect from a bad stick, or from an unstable ram OC
    not yet, i'm going to tonight.

Reaction score
    i ran a mem86 test and it said there were no errors after 4 passes and 8 hours

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    k, get yourself a hardware monitor, like HWMBlackBox or MSIAfterburner or SpeedFan and watch your computer's temperture while you play. If it gets hotter than ~80C while your plying hat would be another likely cause of issues.

You can also try reinstalling the game into a new directory to see if there are just some bad files in the instll from internet weirdness.

Reaction score
    k, get yourself a hardware monitor, like HWMBlackBox or MSIAfterburner or SpeedFan and watch your computer's temperture while you play. If it gets hotter than ~80C while your plying hat would be another likely cause of issues.

You can also try reinstalling the game into a new directory to see if there are just some bad files in the instll from internet weirdness.
    i'm getting around ~55c while playing, and i'll try moving my steam directory.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    i'm getting around ~55c while playing, and i'll try moving my steam directory.
    K, so not thermal issue (happens more often than you would think)
    Don't just move the directory.
    The reason I said install into a new directory was that sometimes a file downloads a "little" wrong. Not wrong enough to fail to start, but wrong enough that that "weird things" happen.
    Starmade CAN be run from Steam, but it usually runs BETTER if you download and install it directly from the link on the main website.
    The game launcher has options in the bottom area (cogs and stuff as the icons) to manually tell it to download specific versions (like experimental developer branches) and to manually change what directory the game files get put into and run from. Try using that launcher option to change the install directory and re-download. While you are at it, double check how much memory you're allowing it to use.