Asteroids don't show in the map

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    What the title says. Even when I've entered an asteroid system the game doesn't show rhem on the map.

On an unrelated note, planets don't seem to be updating their status once discovered (they still say undiscovered).

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Im not sure they are supposed to. A planet I could understand, but asteroids are generally too small to keep a track of. And since we can easily mine out asteroids it might not be worth it. Anyways there are orbits and toggle-able options for displaying which sectors are asteroid sectors.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's just that there are map filter options for al sorts of things that don't get displayed in the map, like the asteroids, but also planet segments, ships, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Asteroids are movable objects. Only static objects are shown on the map. The yellow orbital lines are asteroid belts. They spawn there, but if you take the initiative (and of course by that I mean smash your ship into them) you can move them out of that orbit and the map would no longer be accurate.

Reaction score
    Does the asteroid filter remove the asteroid belt line if toggled off? I haven't tried