Asteroid Bases

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think that asteroids should be claimable as faction (home or not) bases. Asteroids should also be able to use the same blocks as stations and planets can, and be able to be given shields and power. Also, plex doors should be fixed on them, as they are currently very buggy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree
    But asteroids can be moved around (collisions) ATM, when claiming it (with build block or faction block) they should stay in the place they are (just like stations do)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I've wanted this for a while now. I remember how bummed I was when I first found out you couldn't claim them or anything. They need to be able to be a lot larger and a lot less numerous though, because as they are they're way too small for any kind of bases.

HerrColonel You can change movable asteroids around in the server.cfg. I personally want them movable, because I think a mobile asteroid base is pretty cool, but the option for both would be nice. All I want is to have my own version of Axis from UC Gundam, or at least a large basic asteroid to work off of.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    A moving home base asteroid... not touching this with a ten foot pole. (It's a cool idea but not necessarily a good one.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    A moving home base asteroid... not touching this with a ten foot pole. (It's a cool idea but not necessarily a good one.)
    Nonsense, this can't possibly go wrong. Especially not with collision damage enabled!;)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Nonsense, this can't possibly go wrong. Especially not with collision damage enabled!;)
    -snip of relevant image-
    What if protected asteroids didn't cause collision damage?

Reaction score
    I like the idea of an asteroid base but I'd also like to see some areas of dense asteroids as well, perhaps even some planetary rings for some cat and mouse, good for small maneuverable ships dodging the capital ships

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So you would rather people get off scot free without taking damage as they play ball with your asteroid home base?
    There are three options here for setting an asteroid as a home base.
    1. Locking the asteroid into place once it becomes a faction home base. This basically makes it into a station, more or less. This version would keep collision damage.
    2. Keeping its ability for collision damage, as well as being bumped around. Basically, an unbreakable projectile for you to fling at things. Not good.
    3. Removing its ability for collision damage, but keeping movement. This allows the base to maintain the best part of being an asteroid base (being able to tow it) without allowing it to be used as an unstoppable collision projectile.

Reaction score
    Why not asteroid SHIPS? They show up as asteroids on the navigation system, and function like regular ships. They would make an interesting addition to your fleet. Add some thrusters, AMCs, missiles, a bobby, and BAM! Asteroid drone!

You could also fill it with explosives instead of weaponizing it. Kamikaze asteroid drone. The possibilities are endless!

You could make on by facing an asteroid an pressing X. And if it is own by allies or your faction, it could have the green mark of regular faction-owned ships.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Why not asteroid SHIPS? They show up as asteroids on the navigation system, and function like regular ships. They would make an interesting addition to your fleet. Add some thrusters, AMCs, missiles, a bobby, and BAM! Asteroid drone!

You could also fill it with explosives instead of weaponizing it. Kamikaze asteroid drone. The possibilities are endless!

You could make on by facing an asteroid an pressing X. And if it is own by allies or your faction, it could have the green mark of regular faction-owned ships.
    That sounds really overpowered.

However, now that you've mentioned it, firing asteroids stuffed with disintegrators using either pushing tertiary effects or pulsators would be a good idea. Enemy turrets wouldn't take aim and try to destroy it...

Reaction score
    Hmm its a good idea, would be cool to have a base on a asteroid, currently they are small but hopefully there will be an option for expansion

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Hmm its a good idea, would be cool to have a base on a asteroid, currently they are small but hopefully there will be an option for expansion
    It'd be nice if could control asteroid size in the server config file like we can with planets.