Assteroid respawn

Reaction score
    hello

Do asteroid still respawn in there last autosaved condition or have that been changed to a better more fluid system that would not leave you with a ton of semi "broken" asteroids?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I believe that was addressed in a patch a few updates ago.

There was an exploit where you could say place a whole bunch of shield blocks on an asteroid, let it auto save, mine the asteroid and next time the asteroid would spawn with a bunch of shield blocks on it.

Now, once and asteroid is gobbled up it should respawn a totally clean and fresh asteroid.

Reactions: nightrune

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As I understand it currently, if the server config has respawn on:

The asteroid content of the sector is essentially set on sector discovery. As in, first time the asteroids in the sector spawn in, they are "fixed".

If you eat the entire sector, every last block, then after a set amount of time (server config option) the entire sector will revert back to its original condition, aka the asteroids will respawn.

If you only eat parts of the asteroids, leave some there, or miss a few blocks, then the sector will not respawn.

The sector has to be unloaded (aka, no one around to see it) before it will respawn (mechanically, when you move close enough to the sector for it to load, it checks and sees that it was empty last and restores the original asteroid population, if it doesn't get to make that load check, it doesn't have the chance to revert).

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Does anyone know if there is a bug about the asteroids respawning inside of each other? The server I've been playing on decided to turn off the auto-respawn of asteroids, much to the dismay of the players, because they said they kept having the issue where asteroids were respawning inside of each other. Anyone know if this is a current issue?