Assistance Request to Load Stations

Reaction score
    As you know, there are tons of stations currently being loaded. The ones with the "name.sment" file name work via the Ship Catalog Manager just fine.

What I cant figure out is....how to import the ones with the file extension of ".smsec".

I download all ships and stations to the same folder and the SCM (Ship Catalog Manager) finds 99% of the "name.sment" files to see them. Once in a while, I can see the file in the folder, but when I use the SCM, it will not "see" it to import it. Any idea why that would be?? Frustrating.

Thanks for any assistance.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    SMSEC is starmade-sector. you add them manually to your exported sectors folder and then import them with /import_sector [sector] [SMSEC file name]

Reaction score
    Hmmmm......Ok. I understand what youre saying, but.....I dont see an exported sector folder.

I dont export sectors myself....

what would the folder name be??

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    the folder should be called sector-export. if it doesnt exist, create it :)

Reaction score
    It doesnt exist, probably because Ive never exported a sector. However, I did just accidentally discover something.

Normally, I download ships etc to the folder: ThisPC/Downloads. Then I move them to: ThisPC/Downloads/Ships. AFTER I have loaded them and looked at them and decided to keep them.

The SCM doesnt like that apparently, as it wont "see" all the .sment files, and NONE of the .smsec files in the Downloads folder. However, When I move them into the "Ships" folder it has decided to "see" them....and the .smsec files as well.

Thanks for the tip at any rate.