Asking for Clarrification on Heat

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    So it seems that I missed the thread timeline until it was closed off, but reading the first two and last two pages, I just want to add a quick question.

You guys (schine) are removing power and power capacity as a resource and essentially replacing heat and heat capacity?

As in, power becomes a true/false flag, and you just need to manage the heat your systems produce with how fast you can get rid of it and how much capacity you have for heat.

Cause thats what I kinda understood what was happening but some of the posts afterwards confused me on the matter.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You guys (schine) are removing power and power capacity as a resource and essentially replacing heat and heat capacity?
    They said they were THINKING about something like that, NOT that they were DOING it....

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But basically, yes.

Power would be assumed, and system heat would be the limiting factor.

Again though, they were doing some public spitballing. There is no immediate plan to actually do it, they've said there is even no plan on how to fit it into the current plan yet. Its purely in the "Hey, wouldn't be cool if we did X?" phase.