Ask Cru things.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I nominate that graphic for best campaign media.

I do have a question. Are you as tired of the current permissions systems as I am? This is in reference to both activation/piloting of in game objects, as well as the admin/not admin command permissions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The in-game permissions, with the permission module really doesn't feel like 'enough'
    I'd like permission modules to c/v link to things instead of being adjacent, the ability to enable/disable them with logic and the ability to add specific people to the permission list.

As with admin commands, we have 2 ranks. Admin and non-admin. I'd like to see admin rank creation and command assigning. I mean we have the option to 'ban' commands from being used - but realistically that's not enough.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    A question from another thread, but I feel like it's still useful;

How optimistic/pessimistic are you about your influence on the game as a council member?
    In other words, do you believe that your role as a councilor has an influence on the games direction and or smaller details within the game?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The council doesn't control the direction of the game - it does however provide a bridge between the community and Schine, making them aware of popular suggestions and whatnot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Define your stance with regards to PVP vs Non-PVP players.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    My stance regarding different play styles? Well I'm an RP builder/player. Although I do try my best to create powerful systems within my ships as well. I don't exactly have a stance on it. People are allowed to play the game however they please, there's no rules or laws against that, and there shouldn't be.

I would love to see more survival elements in the game however.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What is your personal political views?, As a pve player do you feel that pvp is less or more important to the game?

Do you believe in adding features that prolong the game or would you rather have large flashy content with no real depth?

Where did you get the name Crusade?

Do you frequently play MP?

What do you believe needs to be voiced about the game if you get office?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What is your personal political views?, As a pve player do you feel that pvp is less or more important to the game?
    Pvp is incredibly important to the game, though so are real survival elements. I mean can you imagine a huge war being fought on a server, while other players are gathering resources to fuel the war machine? Or having dozens of drones off mining systems for you as you lay waste to pirates and mercenaries? Both PvE and PvP are great, and necessary to the game.

Do you believe in adding features that prolong the game or would you rather have large flashy content with no real depth?
    I believe that Schine are doing a good job with the game development. They have a good balance between aesthetic features and large updates that set the foundations for them to build on. While some believe that they focus too much on aesthetics, people have to realise that different members of the team are focused on different aspects on the game. As far as i know there's always at least 1 coder punching through bugs and making the game more stable. Just look at the bugfixes with each update.

Where did you get the name Crusade?
    I have no idea where i got my name. I just adopted it. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Do you frequently play MP?
    I play on MP a lot for the social aspect, I cannot PvP because i'm normally at 700+ ping

What do you believe needs to be voiced about the game if you get office?
    I believe survival aspects need more of a focus, as well as addressing the remaining issues with sector borders and ship control - as I personally know many people that cannot get into Starmade based solely off the fact that it's currently a 'build and blow stuff up' sandbox.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    I was not planning to vote but decided I will and I can tell you now, from all the 'ask me ask me' threads, this is the one I really think works. I was not particularly impressed with FlyingDebris's approach nor with Comr4de's childish approach. There are so many idiotic, impractical questions around, I have to say my respect for the community went down a notch. HOWEVER, after reading this thread, you can be assured that you have my primary vote.
    I wish you all the best, I hope you will continue to answer all questions seriously and that council will continue along it's presently successful course.
    Even though I am on temporary absence from starmade due to real-life 'problems', I will keep an eye on this thread as it is interesting, to the point and in my opinion, the best of the council 'ask-answer' pages.
    Pvp is incredibly important to the game, though so are real survival elements. I mean can you imagine a huge war being fought on a server, while other players are gathering resources to fuel the war machine? Or having dozens of drones off mining systems for you as you lay waste to pirates and mercenaries? Both PvE and PvP are great, and necessary to the game.
    I shall file that for memory.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I wish you all the best, I hope you will continue to answer all questions seriously and that council will continue along it's presently successful course.
    Thank you! Just trying to answer and questions the community has for me. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was not planning to vote but decided I will and I can tell you now, from all the 'ask me ask me' threads, this is the one I really think works. I was not particularly impressed with FlyingDebris's approach nor with Comr4de's childish approach. There are so many idiotic, impractical questions around, I have to say my respect for the community went down a notch. HOWEVER, after reading this thread, you can be assured that you have my primary vote.
    Even though I am on temporary absence from starmade due to real-life 'problems', I will keep an eye on this thread as it is interesting, to the point and in my opinion, the best of the council 'ask-answer' pages.

I shall file that for memory.
    Yes I agree, Cru may yet have my vote.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thank you! Just trying to answer and questions the community has for me. :)
    In your own opinion what makes you a more viable choice over the other competitors for council?

What is your stance on game balance? What aspects of the game do you think are most in need of tuning?

If you could make one decorative addition, one combat addition, and one RP/directive addition, what would they be?

How do you feel about the last council now that is is over? Any hopes or concerns for the next one?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In your own opinion what makes you a more viable choice over the other competitors for council?
    I'm not a more viable choice over other candidates, we are all running for council for different reasons. I'd rather you vote on the grounds of who you think would be most effective on the council, as in who can communicate with others the most effectively and has a fairly good idea of the issues that need to be addressed .

What is your stance on game balance? What aspects of the game do you think are most in need of tuning?
    I feel game balance is heading down the right path - however some weapons still feel useless compared to others, and resource gathering is a long grindy process that no one enjoys. I'd like to see this be changed to something more enjoyable/risky. There should also be an incentive to fight - currently in PVP, when a fight breaks out, there is no real winner. Both ships/factions lose resources and time they could of spent doing other, far more productive things.

If you could make one decorative addition, one combat addition, and one RP/directive addition, what would they be?
    Decorative: New lighting engine (also to fix broken shading on certain block shapes, and the games z-buffer issues).
    Combat: Better, smarter AI and options to change docked AI targetting from mothership.
    RP: Atmosphere (oxygen) / survival aspects.

How do you feel about the last council now that is is over? Any hopes or concerns for the next one?
    Last council term drug on far too long and most of us sort of... went inactive. It lasted too long and with all the drama involved it made it a rather harrowing experience.

I hope that the community makes better choices this time around - the council isn't a popularity contest, but the community treats it as one. Please vote for who would be most effective at bridging the gap between Schine and the community, and can work effectively in a group. Not because you think someone is cool.

Reactions: Aynslei
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    What digital/ real world experience do you bring to the table that could better interpret players ideas into usable mechanics of the game?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What digital/ real world experience do you bring to the table that could better interpret players ideas into usable mechanics of the game?
    I have an understanding of the technical limitations of the game, Knowledge of what's been suggested and rejected in the past, as well as features that have already been in - and removed from the game. I can also take ideas and build upon them easily - while also thinking of methods to implement features, if they seem a stretch for the game's limits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Another question, I spoke with you previously about thread self moderation, relieving the stress off mods of bogus reports and punishments for bogus reporters. Has any progress been made towards these suggestions to allow the OP to moderate his own threads? Have you discussed this with schine?