Artillery Proposal

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hear me out on this one. I propose a new weapon, capable of firing across sectors to hit its target. It would consume all power when fired, and the amount consumed, along with its size, determines the damage and range. This would balance it, as the station/ship it is mounted on would be helpless, and require a defense fleet. This would add new tactics and be an interesting addition to faction bases. It would be fired remotely, requiring an expensive locator, and a scout ship to sight the target. It would be very expensive, and perhaps the only way to aquire it would be a lengthly manufacturing process, making it a priority target and a huge loss if destroyed. I know that the developers have a lot to do, but I think this would be a great addition to Starmade. Let me know what you think!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    congratulation you just negated the point of building a starbase. Any smaller faction that can\'t stay online 24/7 will lose their base to this weapon. Also a big Amc gun can reach a couple KM is that not enough already. The stations shielding is screwed enough as it is.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I do see your point, however, small factions should have SECRET bases and they could set up turrets to destroy scouts. The weapon would take a while to lock on 45-90 seconds, allowing turrets to defend against it. This would mainly be designed to combat titans from a far distance.

Reaction score
    is a bad idea when the player base is as small as it is. on the other hand, most small factions would only have one base, their home base, which is invulnerable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    a \"secret\" starbase defending itself with \"secret turrets\" ??? Are you serious if you would say build a hidden base inside an asteroid. But the first person to shoot it would get the shielding animation and a brief notice that this faction owned station cannot be mined. Not to forget the radar signature. If a station could MOVE CLOAK and JAM at the same time forever, okay get your artillery, but an unneeded weapon system that destorys a main branch of the whole game..... just no.....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mate the idea you have isn\'t a bad one its just the games not at a point at which the idea can be implemented without large imbalances in game play maybe in the in the long term future but for now and the foreseeable future no.

Reaction score
    Right now faction homes are invincible because of one simple fact:PvP is ludicrously unbalanced and the only way to not be taken out by random scavengers while offline is to either be invulnerable, too far out to bother with (>100 sectors from spawn, since any yahoo checking their nav menu can see you 2500 meters away), have multiple people ALWAYS playing, or just get lucky. Stations are far worse off than ships because they can\'t move and thus it only takes one little scout to find them and alert all the people who wanna rip that station to pieces.

Artillery can come in once there\'s much better station protection, AI, and safety limits (like sector mass restrictions).

Reaction score
    I agree. I have been getting murdered by 5000 range artillery recently, this would actually be pointless. when schema makes AMCs only go 500 blocks is when I will suport this.