Arrow-key jumping between docked ships

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    As far as I'm aware, the feature allowing us to jump between docked entities is as old as docking. I can imagine it worked well at the time of implementation- since only one layer of docking was allowed, any set of docked entities was effectively a one-dimensional environment, thus, two keys was perfectly sufficient to navigate it. With the implementation of chain docking, however, this is no longer true. I'm not entirely certain how the "order" of docked units is formed, but I can say it's far from inutive and certainly not linear.

I believe we need a total of four keys to jump between ships now, two for up/down and two for circling in the current layer. Which keys should be used for this can be discussed, as the left/right arrow keys are already used for cockpit switching, but the current system is far too much of a mess to be kept around.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or we could just be able to pull down a menu with the currently docked entities and select the one we want to control. Once in the ship arrow keys would control only the cameras and turret views.