ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when near sector 8,5,2

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whenever a player on my server is near sector [8,5,2] their client crashes with an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. That profile will then crash with the same error as soon as they try to connect to the server. The crash upon connection only affects that profile, since the person is still able to connect by signing in with a different name.

This first happened today on version 0.0938. The 0.09381 update did not change the problem.

The ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException gives a number that varies between profiles, but it does not change when I try to log back into the server with a different profile that had already crashed. For me, the number was once 13507, and once 816.

It happens when I am in an adjacent sector, or when I enter the bad sector. There is a pirate station in that sector. When I first entered it and the crash happened for the first time I was in a large ship (176x42x84).

Reaction score
    Players on my server are also suffering the same issue. its a different co-ord... but same issue. ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1... it hard crashes the game.. seems to happen in very localised sections of space. annoyingly for us its right next to the sector our base satation is located. There was a phantom Station targeting indicator showing up in the bad sector (we are now calling it Demon-Space). I\'ve used the admin command destroy_entity to remove the ghost station, but the Demon-Space effect remains.

This has only started with the very latest update on our server, although at least one member of the server has found Demon-Space in his Single Player using the current build!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have also run into this bug on my server. After some experimenting I found that the crash only occured when I was near a ship that I had just spawned in with the /load command. The ship was AtlasFrigateArmedMk1, and I suspect that since this file is three months old it may not be completely compatible any more.

I bumped it out of this space with a large fast ship; and though I crashed the ship coasted through the bad space on its own and when I relogged I was out of the zone, which had not followed the spawned ship. The bugged zone I would estimate at 200 meters across, not the whole sector.

Reaction score
    Neither of us Admins on our server use the /load command or admin commands in general... we are wondering if its a specific ship causing the Demon-Space. Hopefully a soloution that works for us shows up soon.

Reaction score
    We are attempting to save some existing structures/stations and then loading the server with a completely new universe... hoping that the Demon-Space effect is similar to Minecraft Corrupted Chunks. Will report back if we find more Demon-Space in the new universe!

Reaction score
    I was having the problem alot to, I was in a sector very far from spawn with alot of ships in one area, (mostly turrets) so i tried respawning and that fixed the problem. The closer I got to that area, the more frequent the crashes occured. So if you get this error, just avoid that area of space entirely with the sectors around it as well if possible. I hope this helps some people.

Reaction score
    Well restarting the universe did not fix it... we had to roll back the server to V0.0938 to lose the Demon-Space!

Reaction score
    Its after patch 0.9381... and i have the same and its not only a problem with one sector...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m having the same thing with my private server, don\'t know how to rollback to V0.0938 though that would be very helpful. We\'re getting the bugged-out space all over the place. It\'s getting ridiculous, and it\'s only been after the newest patch (0.9381).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i\'m and the whole multiplayer server where i play has the same error and cannot play yet.

please fix it!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    turn off pirates in the config, it seems when they attack they are causing part of the problem.

second once you turn them off, do /despawn_all MOB unused true to clear all the old mob ships.

third, find the ships that were interacting with the mobs and delete them from the database, this was how I cleared the crash zones.

since i turned off pirates i have not had a crash/loop happen. when they were on they were attacking me at spawn as the only player on and it was causing the loop.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    getting the same issue, thought it was a sound file too long as this error has happened to us on minecraft mods before where sound files location name has been loaded into a string and is too long then java allows for the default string length

a video of it happening has been tweeted to the devs with luck they can fix this fast :)

the video is at http://www.twitch.tv/mrgreaper/c/2627042

Reaction score
    Its happened to me every time in under 5 minutes after startup since the latest update (single player & multiplayer). I think it may be something to do with having big structures/ ships.