Armor,weapons,healmet amd character creation.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Well im posting this again to make sure that evryone read's this.
    Hello,
    So my Idea is to create custom character,armor,weapons,utilities and headmets like ships.
    Let me start by characters: Being able to create your own character before the game starts with body parts(this means;head,arms,body,legs)that will give you special abilities,diffrent type of body like beeing able to resist the cold or hot,breathe under water,have extra lives,run walk faster,jump,staying invicible and so on.So this means create your own species.

Now Armor:So for the armor;my idea is mini cubes,you will be able to access thoes minicubes by an armor factory.what it will do,it will appear like ship build mode but with a player/character imagine the player is the core so basecly you will put minicubes on your body and assyn to like front armor,leg armor mor you have minicubes more you are heavy but like a ship have more hp,something else is like put some ammo/ennergy pouches for custom weapons,so you can reload or for grenades torches things like that beeing able to make a bag pack to have more storage.This will make speacial armor for your faction.
    An other Idea is having scientist/armor makers that will generate random armor,when they will finish it will apear on your screen if you want to test it and send it to the factory for mass production.

Headmets:basecly same thing but with special abillities,like put a flashlith,termal vision(but if your species can already do this no need)scaners,tactical battlefield beeing able too see out of the atsmosfhere and more.

Weapons:Weapons will be like turrets.where you can put mini cannons,where your character will crab the weapon,if it uses lasers or bullets.Or make a grenade,rocket launcher,bomb or use weapons npc makers the same thing as the armor system with the scientist/armor maker.

And last being able to make your mining tools,mutation tools,scanners.

All by using minicubes to make thoes items.
    Why so you can make evrything custm and make your sci-fi empire com true.plus making the best game ever.

To avoid Fps drop I'm proposing that the mini cubes will merge to format one entity.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Your idea of modular armor design is pretty interesting, but I don't see how the rest of this could work with the game engine that's being used. I don't want to claim that I know anything about the game engine itself, but if players are already worried about the number of blocks on a ship being enough to crash a server, wouldn't a server crash even faster if it also has to track different measurements for arms, legs, torsos, heads, little bitty armor blocks, and custom character, helmet, and weapon traits and designs. I just don't think the game would run smoothly at all in that case. Either that or my computer would catch on fire.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Your idea of modular armor design is pretty interesting, but I don't see how the rest of this could work with the game engine that's being used. I don't want to claim that I know anything about the game engine itself, but if players are already worried about the number of blocks on a ship being enough to crash a server, wouldn't a server crash even faster if it also has to track different measurements for arms, legs, torsos, heads, little bitty armor blocks, and custom character, helmet, and weapon traits and designs. I just don't think the game would run smoothly at all in that case. Either that or my computer would catch on fire.
    Actualy,I noticed that starmade generates blocks that u cant see,so if we put like a cone that will represent our fild of view that will be a trigger that will generate only blocks we can see thats an idea for the performance because sometimes you are looking just at you spaceship wall in front of a planet and the planet will generate all around,why generate i cant see the planet no need.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Actualy,I noticed that starmade generates blocks that u cant see,so if we put like a cone that will represent our fild of view that will be a trigger that will generate only blocks we can see thats an idea for the performance because sometimes you are looking just at you spaceship wall in front of a planet and the planet will generate all around,why generate i cant see the planet no need.
    I'm pretty sure the reason the blocks you can't see generate before you look at them, is so that they don't generate AS you look at them because that causes a lot more lag. It's better that all the entities are already there, and after the initial load they take up much less memory.
    (I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I'm almost positive this is how it works, or something similar is going on.)

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    During the Q&A schema mentioned that Saber would likely be working on more astronaut gear, and that armor likely is one of those.

Also, If you aren't a programmer I wouldn't worry about implementation details. Focus mainly on ideas you think would be fun yet simple. These are the ideas more likely to get in game.