Ark class Sublight colony Vessel

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Launched thousands of years ago by a clearly desperate civilization, this relic is found still struggling through space, toward a destination long forgotten.

What the exterior may once have looked like has long since been worn away, either through conflict, solar flares, or simple age. Now she resembles nothing so much as another asteroid; howbeit one with slightly more direction than most.

Still propelled even after all these years by one at least of her original Fusion-fired engines, she seems able to dodge at least the slower of the planets that may once have been a target for colonization.

Long before gravely control or coil thrusters made their advent onto the interstellar stage, simple Uranium Fission will keep this vessel powered for another several centuries.

Lacking gravely control, the ship was clearly designed to rotate, although its rate seems to have slowed considerably of late. Flora certainly seems to thrive in the main bay, although nothing has moved here to disturb it in a thousand years.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    yes, the exterior is rock, made by bombarding basic rock with hundreds of low-level missiles. There is an interior lining of hull, then the living space inside.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ...You beat me to it. I\'ve been working on a similar ship that was based on the game\'s asteroids. This is a vary well constructed ship, the organic look isn\'t easy and you\'ve done a great job. On top of that you\'ve constructed a fantastic story around your ship, you should be proud of your work.

Reaction score
    This is the kind of sad, lonely discovery that should be in the finished game. Well done.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d have to agree. Story elements like this one should be incorporated into the game. Given that it\'s still in alpha it would be pretty cool if certain ships were incorporated into the final version of the game as a nod to the early fans and their creations such as this one. Once again, I vary much enjoy your ship and hope you contenue to post more of your creations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thats pretty darn spiffy. I think it would look good to throw in some different colored rock/soil types here and there for color on outer shell.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ... than you should absolutely read it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s a common theme found in many science fiction stories, predating SG:U by a lot.

Check out Harlan Ellison\'s original concept for \"Phoenix Without Ashes\" (which became a low-budget disaster as \"The Starlost\" in the \'70s), Ben Bova\'s \"Exiles\" series, or Frederick Pohl\'s \"Gateway\" novels...

I\'ve been working on the \"Starlost\" ARK in Minecraft for a bit (see my \"greetings from PA\" thread that I just posted in today), so I\'m hoping for a schematic import app to show up one day; it would be a heck of a task to rebuild from scratch!