area triggers correct linking

Reaction score
    This is just a smaller issue or maybe a bug but I noticed that area trigger computers link to other logic blocks the wrong way round. Normally I set the block master that gives a signal not the one that receives. But i have to set the area trigger module as a slave to another block that I want to give a signal to. This also leads to wrong colouring of the area trigger block when it is given a signal which makes no sense because it is in passive.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    1. The area trigger works like a lever, when you walk through and back out it changes the state, but keeps it when you leave the area. Hence it actually doesn't have a 'right color'.

2. You don't connect logic to an area trigger, you place an activator right beside it, somewhat like Minecraft's comparators and command blocks.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I agree with kiddan.
    Having area triggers on while something is inside would be much more useful though. :)

You can use logic blocks to decide which area trigger got activated as last one and how long it has been since then (for automated doors).

Reaction score
    I dont really know what you mean by your automated doors but I prefer such that open upon entering an area and closing after a set timespan from either side no matter how much more input signals are triggered and i found a solution by using one area trigger connected with both sides, two activation modules, some delays, a negative and an or module. Its not that I dont know how to use them, I just think theyre a bit confusing because their colour can be changed from the outside despite them not being able to receive a signal? Why cant they just work like every other logic block? Or am I missing something?