Are the plex lifters going to stay like this?

Reaction score
    By that, I mean are they going to stay off center?

If so, can we at least rotate them to pick how they're screwed up? Cuz I could see some interesting ways to "hide" the plex lifter shaft while still having a decent looking elevator. But I don't want to set up new lifts only to have them get broken when the plex lifter gets fixed.

So any word on whether this is getting fixed?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am not sure about the plex lifters getting fixed. BUT the rail system is coming next. I am hoping that it includes some other slick methods to make elevators. IMO plex lifters are a bit broken due to their oddities in gravity (unless its been fixed without me knowing). they also seem too slow to me and you can't configure them to stop at a floor for a few seconds then continue ether. They just feel very obtuse to me.

*I would like to take this moment to celebrate my 50th post :) hurray me!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It has not been officially stated or discussed, but it is highly probable that upcoming Rails will replace Plex Lifters entirely including block IDs. Rails are basically more advanced, universal and convenient analogue of the Lifters, thus implementation of Rail blocks will likely make Lifters obsolete and completely pointless to remain in the game.

Reaction score
    I can recall talk that plex lifters were to be phazed out and replaced with gravity tubes. Nothing ever came of it.

Reaction score
    I can recall talk that plex lifters were to be phazed out and replaced with gravity tubes. Nothing ever came of it.
    They kinda were, the devs added the ability to decide where the gravity is (on the side, upside down etc) but gravity elevators are nearly useless in that if you accidentally degrav yourself while going fast, you can end up flying rapidly to the back, and then you glitch out of your ship, and you lose it permanently.

Anyway, like everyone else here says, they are likely to be replaced with the rail system, if it's good enough and if the devs allow it on ships (which I REALLY HOPE THEY DO HINT HINT). Take the stairs, it's healthier.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    I'm building a 60 story space station. Pretty sure taking the stairs will kill you.
    So will being lazy. Space isn't for slackers. How are you supposed to dodge pirates with a beer gut?

plex lifts should be usable on ships too.
    It's a long, tiresome, painful and controversial subject that's been discussed time and time and time and time again, yet has no conclusion other than "doesn't work, deal with it lol." Hopefully this train system, IF THEY MAKE THE VERY SMART DECISION TO ALLOW THEM ON SHIPS WHICH THEY SHOULD, will solve it once and for all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I assumed they would be allowed on ships.

EDIT: new quote

at this point there is nothing planned that would prevent it from being deployable on ships

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    So will being lazy. Space isn't for slackers. How are you supposed to dodge pirates with a beer gut?
    Build a ship that doesn't have a beer gut?

I'm kinda failing at that. My current ship (ya, I'll post pics in a day or two when it's done) is definitely not a skinny, supermodel type. It's only 260m long, but also 81m high and 93m wide, and is likely going to mass at 150k-200k.

It's also the most adorable warship in space :p

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There should be plenty of adorable, rotund spaceships.