Arctic Gaming

Reaction score
    Welcome to Arctic Gaming:

Server ip: arcticgamingnetwork.com
    Teamspeak ip: ts.arcticgamingnetwork.com

Current rules:
    -Planets are usable, but with a few rules.
    No planet mining ship can exceed the
    limit of 1000 Salvage Modules in 200
    groups. (No exceptions)
    Do not land on a planet without out the use
    of a Docking Module! (Causes server lag)
    Refer to the spawn display modules to learn
    how to do this correctly.
    Only one planet claim per faction is allowed!

-Factories will be turned off when not in use!
    This is a bug that decreases performance. (If we
    have to find factories that are left on, we will
    delete the planet and/or station its attached to!)

-When building a station, it has to be contained
    within its originating sector! (Any stations/planets
    found will be removed)

-Ship size limit will be no more than 4 million
    blocks; thats including turrets. (No exceptions)

-Do not ram in spawn! Spawn is also for the new
    peeps of the server, so do not leech off the shop!

- We WILL NOT tolerate any kind of racial or
    derogatory terms used in Player names/Factions!

-Server exploits WILL NOT be tolerated! If we catch
    you, it will result in a ban.

What we are offering:
    -Custom pirates
    -50,000 starting credits
    -Increased jump distance
    -Increased warp gate distance
    -Server speed of 150
    -Server auto restart
    -Server wide contests, open to all
    -Private teamspeak channels for your faction
    -PvP / PvE
    -Active and fair staff

Future goals:
    -Banking system
    -Bounty system
    -More custom pirates (something you built)
    -Player ran economy

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    IvIast3r trolled me day 2, launched my ship into space, was rude, told me to deal with it I was causing lag. Pretty harsh and had some words with admin. Others in chat agreed it was pretty crappy to do and that he was acting completely unprofessional.

Shit happens. Whatever. Such is life.

Next day a different admin starts showing up around my base. The moment I leave base to go to shop a player kills me. Nobody is in this system. About 20 minutes later on in chat I ask the admin if he would tell me where players are so I could kill them. IMMEDIATELY the guy who killed me posts his cords and tells me to come get some. His base cords are WAY far away from me.

When I confront the admin and suggest he helped his buddy killed me he says.....

"The only buddy I have is IvIast3r"

So play at own risk, but know that these admins have favorites and if you are okay with that jump right in and get started.

Reaction score
    So you still don't understand that, my only buddy on the server, which is "IvIast3r" is also a admin. I don't understand how I can show my counterpart and also a owner of the server any special treatment. It makes absolutely zero sense. Now i can understand if you got mixed up in chat somehow being that theres 20 or so peeps talking on it. Hes not even the guy that killed you, stated as follows:

Line 8047: [2015-01-18 07:09:45] [DEATH] TheWizardChrist has been killed by 'Resposible: Ruphobia[Dirtybastards]'; controllable: Ship[Ruphobia](416770)

So I honestly have know clue what my other admin has to do with this event, unless like I said, you got confused reading chat.

Reactions: Runeseer
    Reaction score
    Can confirm that it's a great server! The admins do their job (sadly don't have time for much fun) the community is helpful (spawn trolls tend to get blown up) and it's currently the only server I play on!

Reaction score
    I for myself got in touch with the admin mighty power on the first day: I landed my ship on a planet which caused a high amount of lag.
    While I unfortunately was kind of on the planet, trying to get back into my ship, one of these shiny white ships popped outa space and beamed my ship away.

I guess I deserved that lection. After crying and explaining, the very kind admin bounced my ship back on the planet, even tho this created lag again. Summarizing this admin dealt with the situation very professional and kind enough to forgive me my foolness.

This gave me the feeling that even with the power these guys have, they dont abuse it and are acting politly. Im playing the 3rd day on this server and I like it pretty much!

Keep up the nice work admin team.

Reaction score
    I've been playing on the server a few days now, i was on earlier today but when i just tried to log in, it told me i was not whitelisted for the server. Could i be pointed in the direction for whitelisting?

Reaction score
    I've been playing on the server a few days now, i was on earlier today but when i just tried to log in, it told me i was not whitelisted for the server. Could i be pointed in the direction for whitelisting?
    We had to whitelist to server to restrict the server to the admins only to find a major lag issues.

all should be well now, hope to see you online soon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Admins working hard making sure everyone stays happy. Definitely the place to be!

Reaction score
    So there's been some pretty terrible lag spikes as of late ever since the server host was changed. Any ideas what's causing this?

Reaction score
    So there's been some pretty terrible lag spikes as of late ever since the server host was changed. Any ideas what's causing this?
    there was a few individuals who decided to do their own thing, they have been taken care of accordingly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Whys this server always doooowwwwn when I want to play.

Makes it very hard to want to try building anything big.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Admins on this server unprotected my home station and used a non-admin alt account to destroy it.

Reaction score
    Whys this server always doooowwwwn when I want to play.

Makes it very hard to want to try building anything big.
    can you pleas tell me the times of when this is happening, from what i am seeing the server has been fine

was the server taken offline?
    no

Admins on this server unprotected my home station and used a non-admin alt account to destroy it.
    why are you changing your story now?
    https://starmade-servers.com/server/979/comments/

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    please read this before you have anything to do with the server
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/warning-arctic-gaming-admins-corrupt.5765/
    You mean that thread that was more or less debunked by everyone involved? If an admin was involved, he'd have to be in that sector, which he was not, everything else was game mechanics in play.

If your gonna support his claim, at least try to back his argument and not just link what can be summed up as a temper tantrum at this point.

Reaction score
    You mean that thread that was more or less debunked by everyone involved? If an admin was involved, he'd have to be in that sector, which he was not, everything else was game mechanics in play.

If your gonna support his claim, at least try to back his argument and not just link what can be summed up as a temper tantrum at this point.
    As they said
    -Server exploits WILL NOT be tolerated! If we catch
    you, it will result in a ban. (tab+F6)
    This was used in a admins faction, he was chatting with the admin, they should know what happened and say yes TAB+F6 was probably used but they didn't, instead decided to support his friend in that faction.
    his FP were -1173, and only had 7 sectors claimed, with 4 fairly active players. And in this case:
    It's fairly hard to go negative faction unless the server admins have altered default settings. Active players gain 50 faction points an hour while online and 20 while off line. You lose 8 faction points from death and have "new death protection" for 30 min. Meaning at most you can lose 16 faction points an hour (and you have gained 50 cause you are online netting you 50-16=34 points). This is of course assuming you aren't overly extended in your system claims (-10 faction/hour for each system over 1).
    he also got kicked before the FP decrease

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It's fairly hard to go negative faction unless the server admins have altered default settings. Active players gain 50 faction points an hour while online and 20 while off line. You lose 8 faction points from death and have "new death protection" for 30 min. Meaning at most you can lose 16 faction points an hour (and you have gained 50 cause you are online netting you 50-16=34 points). This is of course assuming you aren't overly extended in your system claims (-10 faction/hour for each system over 1).
    I'm sorry, but that's their god damned right. It's their server and they can edit the values however the fuck they want. Don't like, go find a new server, but don't bash on a server because you don't like their settings.

Changes to faction point gain/loss requires a change in the config, meaning it needs the server to be shut down and the changes apply to everyone. There have also been Bugs where homebases lose protection if they fall withing a certain zone (planet sectors mainly). Faction point loss also depends on the number of members.

And as I said in that thread, you don't have to Tab-F6 to clip through things. The game automatically will enable a no-clip if the collisions get too severe, as opposed to warping out of it like they used to do. I don't know if you were around long enough, but the game does do that, physic and collisions calculations take alot of power, so it would legit just warp things apart if it got too bad, and that warp was removed and replaced with a no-clip not too long ago. It's his own fault for winding that hull 'web' of his too tightly around the other ship.

Reaction score
    I'm sorry, but that's their god damned right. It's their server and they can edit the values however the fuck they want. Don't like, go find a new server, but don't bash on a server because you don't like their settings.

Changes to faction point gain/loss requires a change in the config, meaning it needs the server to be shut down and the changes apply to everyone. There have also been Bugs where homebases lose protection if they fall withing a certain zone (planet sectors mainly). Faction point loss also depends on the number of members.

And as I said in that thread, you don't have to Tab-F6 to clip through things. The game automatically will enable a no-clip if the collisions get too severe, as opposed to warping out of it like they used to do. I don't know if you were around long enough, but the game does do that, physic and collisions calculations take alot of power, so it would legit just warp things apart if it got too bad, and that warp was removed and replaced with a no-clip not too long ago. It's his own fault for winding that hull 'web' of his too tightly around the other ship.
    Of course they have that right to do anything to their own server, Im not trying to start a argument or rage at the server, I just want people on the server to know some pretty weird things happen, maybe not just on this, but who knows? maybe a admin is corrupt, there is nothing wrong with that as it is their server, I do know that most of the admins play fair and some people in the chat are saying that, its a good server but all servers are easily accused of by a wrong move.

Reaction score
    Edit apparently i was trying to connect with an older version just assumed steam had it set to the latest.

Last edited: