Arbitrary Effect Efficiency

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Defensive Effect Module maths is totally random, or if there are rules they are the dumbest rules ever created. I am trying to make an Overdrive Shuttle with Warp Capabilities, should be a simple task but a big red stop sign is thrown up in the form of broken arse maths. I am really tempted to file this as a bug.

So I have my little shuttle. It's Overdrive is 100% efficiency, all cool. I go and add the warp drive and it goes down, to about 85%, okay that makes sense, The increased mass to effect ratio is affecting efficiency. I place an Overdrive effect block and the efficiency goes down... What? After toying with it for a while, in frustration I place 2 100 x 100 x 100 Overdrive Effect Modules (Totaling in TWO MILLION Modules) and the efficiency goes to 0.1. So the more modules I place... the less efficient the system gets? What?

I go and test this (dumb) hypothesis on my Titan currently under construction, because, let's be honest, we all have a titan under construction on our SP worlds. On my titan the most efficient system is to place a single effect module. ONE!!! Still only giving me 30.4%. What is with this? Is it random or are there rules dictating this, and if so what are they? Optimising any effect seems impossible because the efficiency seems to have been written on opposite day!

Thank you.

- Blakpik

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Quick note. if you're playing with defensive effects, make sure to Toggle it Off then On again, since the game does not update it's state while it is still running.
    The reason the % went down is cause it had only registered X number of blocks, and when you added more, it merely counted as mass.