aquatic planets

would you want this?

• no, this is not a good idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • i don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    As far as i know, all good sci-fi has aquatic planets (star wars: mon calamari, ratchet and clank: aquatos).
    It would be cool if, while playing starmade, you would find a planet with a thinner surface and a part of the atmosphere would be water (perhaps some islands). Give it some nice rocks with value like ice crystals on ice planets or give another reason to make a visit worth the time. If this has been suggested before, than i appologize and ask you to ignore this post.

P.S.: sorry if my vocab and grammar are horrible

Reactions: Arkudo and CyberTao
    Reaction score
    although the idea is cool, starmade water physics, or lack there of, doesn't really make it a valid planet type. I still voted yes though =3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    We really need a natural source of water in the universe... Mainly thinking along the lines of gaining oxygen out of water, if oxygen ever becomes a thing we need.
    I do believe Schema was working on actual 'water' not the type of 'barrier block' it is at the moment.

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    as Far as I know, I there there will be a Fluid version of the Water Block, and Lava as well. I would like to see many a more types of Planets as well o -o like a Lava Planet (like a red planet, but with 90% more Lava).

Reaction score
    as Far as I know, I there there will be a Fluid version of the Water Block, and Lava as well. I would like to see many a more types of Planets as well o -o like a Lava Planet (like a red planet, but with 90% more Lava).
    perhaps something like mustafar

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    well it is a nice idea, I just dont think of Planets very often. Maybe there can be LUA support to allow for custom Planet Biomes as well? Would be interesting to see what kinds of planets the community can throw together *^*

Reaction score
    I don't see why it needs value. It would have the cool factor on its side. Not to mention it would be an awesome planet to build a city or fort on ^^

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you have ships with anti-gravity modules (blocks planet gravity), you could use the same code for a gas-giant atmosphere and build a station hidden there.

Water would be like space. If water is handled as abstract object or repeate-able block-group in open water, it could allow for huge planets with space-like physics (incl our dampening :D) within water.
    It would just have dampening and may block certain weapon types which are more effective for space-fights than for planet assaults.

Reaction score
    perhaps if water becomes a liquid block, they could make something like a float-fly-sinc modual. float: your ship will automatically surface, fly: space-like physics, sinc: planet-like physics. perhaps water gains the ability to absorb anti-matter blasts making seas a non-combat zone.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well, we are getting fluids, so this would be great.

It'd also be nice if there were certain plates of planets replaced with a plate of ocean.

Reaction score
    Any place to hold more diverse forms of flora and fauna would be appreciated. Also(I would think) it would be a great stress test for any water physics they might want to try out. Also when the economy is righted if water blocks are rare in any form, a water world would be worth its weight in gold to a salvager.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Water could be made similiar to molten planets cores in current dev builds :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I want this pretty badly, if not just for aquatic surface cities like Kamino and Manaan and secret underwater bases.

It's also a good excuse for more wanting world-generated structures. maybe some starship wrecks or abandoned bases at the bottom of the ocean with some kinds of treasure to hunt for.

Reaction score
    In the future when fluids get their physics overhauled and planets get some more variety, I don't see why this can't be included in the future :P

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We do not only need aquatic planets but also oceans on already existing planet types. What would also be cool to have some gas planet types

Reaction score
    or planets with full-time rain. And part of the surface would be like mud. and if you crash in the mud your ship sinks until it hits rock bottom. or if you crash on a hill, your ship would start to slip down