Appearence modifier for modules

What do you think

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Hello,

Here is an idea: what if the weapon modules are able to enslave hull and other "nature" blocks, so the small ships can be fancy looking even if they are using weapon modules without outer hull. The way it would work it would be by having the modules enslave a hull piece and it would copy it's appearence when NOT in build mode. So in build mode you'd still be able to see what's what...

Edit: I would also like to know why are you voting pro or against, in a comment, please.

Edit2: One option would be having only the sides which doesen't have a barrel-hole-texture cop the texture of another block, so the tiny ships still look fashionable even with exposed modules, and the barrel-hole would still be where the module fires from... Another option would be that a module with the appearence changed cannot fire, so the players would have to have modules which do not have the appearence changed, in order to be able to fire if their main module goes missing.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sorry, but seeing a ship shoot lasers out of a hull block doesn't sound like a good visual to me.

Reaction score
    Sorry, but seeing a ship shoot lasers out of a hull block doesn't sound like a good visual to me.
    Maybe you would be able to fire only if the module set for firing from is not affected by this? OR the firring "barrel hole" sides won't get affected by this, but only the sides. So from the front you'd see the barrel, but from the sides it would be a normal block/hull, only without the hull's stats.