• Other (post suggestion in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That armor with the lights looks really cool, gives it a very nice contrast. I would recommend to fill the black parts with fine greebling to enhance the illusion of depth and size (also it would give you a "darker" black with even more contrast)
    Thanks! I got a lot of inspiration from your ships, you're pretty much my favorite builder out there. There are supposed to come a bridge, multiple turrets, radar dishes, watch towers etc. on those parts, so more detail will be there. Right now, however I have to work on my middle school 'thesis' thingy, so very little updates the next couple day (probably), but I'll try working a little on the ship every now and then.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did some of the requested panelling redesigning, along with some more lights. I really like how it looks now. Itmauve, did you mean this?
    Yeah, the bottom was more what I was thinking, but both are pretty good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Added new images of battleship process: bridge, engines, turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I do like the bridge. Very nice. The engines and weapon ports, though...
    You seem to be going full rainbow on this project. Try to keep the number of colors you have down a bit, especially per area. Both the engines and weapons should have 1, maybe 2 glow colors in each (not saying they can't be different)
    Your glow for the armor gaps, I'd suggest switching that to red to match the wings/radiators. Then I'd suggest going orange for the engines, green for the lasers and cannons, and red for the missiles.

And on a useability note, you're probably going to shoot down your own missiles with launching them that close to the cannons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I do like the bridge. Very nice. The engines and weapon ports, though...
    You seem to be going full rainbow on this project. Try to keep the number of colors you have down a bit, especially per area. Both the engines and weapons should have 1, maybe 2 glow colors in each (not saying they can't be different)
    Your glow for the armor gaps, I'd suggest switching that to red to match the wings/radiators. Then I'd suggest going orange for the engines, green for the lasers and cannons, and red for the missiles.

And on a useability note, you're probably going to shoot down your own missiles with launching them that close to the cannons.
    hmmm, that might be a problem. I didn't like the engines too much either, I think I'll go for full blue or red on those, but I didn't feel like redoing them again. About the red in the gaps: great idea! should look evil and menacing. Any name suggestions whatsoever? I'm thinking of something mythically based

I'm bulding a superweapon, capable of singleshotting entire ships, based on the lasers ftom Independence day: With an initial ring-shaped blast of ion-beams to kill shields, and in the center a massive missile/pulse-combi

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I've been doing some reworking on the front and engines, started on anti missile turrets and the main battle turret
    New front (I like it) changed colors and added heat radiators

Unfinished main battle turret, needs more shields and power, work in progress

Small 15x cannon/cannon anti missile turret

New engines, I'm thinking of removing the nacelles and building new ones, but I don't know yet

Gonna try them in orange/yellow to see how it looks

UPDATE
    Changed one engine to orange/red, don't know if I like it yet
    comparison blue-orange

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Nice, clean design. Excellent bridge. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Nice, clean design. Excellent bridge. I look forward to seeing it finished.
    Thank you! Unfortunately, my midterm and finals are coming up, so I won't be playing too much until the 27th of May, then is the last exam. I'll try getting some work done in between studying.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm liking the way this is looking. Don't be afraid if you're project can't go as fast as you want it.

Reaction score
    The red/orange engine might look better if you change the opaque blocks to black (or something dark.... like, uh, black.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I've been doing a lot of work on the internals, currently consisting of: an airlock that opens/closes/turns on gravity via logic, two 36-person dinner halls with retractable seats and tables, 6 gravity elevators to the still to furnish sleeping/living/washing areas, an engineering deck with a Star Wars-inspired shield generator and a Warp Core, deuterium/antideuterium chambers, a weapons room that I think is ugly but all computers are there and I don't want to redo all off the weapons, a core room with storage compartments and the bridge.

Here's an Imgur album, too many pictures for one post:
    http://imgur.com/a/EJL9j

I've decided to go with the red/orange engines and I have to place logic on al ot of doors and so on, expect more in the coming few days

Reactions: DNervix and ltmauve
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very nice interior. Halls are good with shape and depth, plenty of RP, and the option to stow the dining room table. Nice.

The number thing to improve (from my point of view) is to get some colored hull in there. Having all grey or all white rooms is slightly boring.

Also thinking perhaps the engineering sections should be a bit more cluttered on the walls. (Like meshes showing the system blocks, all of the decorative blocks in the first 2 blocks off the ground, and so on.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    started adding some systems, currently at 3,6m shieldCap, 2,2m regen and 125,4m powerCap, 7,2m regen, but more is coming
    EDIT
    does anyone know what stats are normal on warships this size?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    -BIG UPDATE-
    I did a complete overhaul on the design for the carrier:
    it will have one large hangar in the front and two smaller ones on the side, for a grand total of (hopefully) up to 58 fighters! (ten in each side hangar and 38 in the large front hangar)
    In the very back, between the engine nacelles, there will be a small hangar with a shuttle and escape pods.

And for the actual build so far, now with 300% more colors on the inside!:

Inside of front main hangar, wich will accomodate up to 38 fighters

Observation deck in hangar

Front hangar door and some stuff

Munifient Frigate-style forward observation deck and sheer size of the hangar

Bridge and flight control tower

Top view so far with fuel refineries outlined in the back

Internal shot with COLOURS:D (didn't like the dull grey in the battlecruiser either)
    It's currently at 720x151x162 metres long, tall and wide
    A LOT of work to be done:)

That's it for today

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I've come up with this 'little' ship the other day, destined as long range attack cruiser "Longbow":B
    front

side profile

top profile
    But I have no idea what to do with the rest of the ship...

I've decided to let you guys finish it, so I can concentrate on both finals and the battlecruiser and carrier.

I'd like to see some bigass engines ant vertical missile launchers on there. Also the large weapon outputs at the front should be: the top 2 separate missile/beam/explosives and the bottom 3 separate bea m/pulse/explosive long range killer things. also, big sniper turrets would be awesome ofcourse.
    You can change anything to your own taste of course!

there are 4 large turret docks and 14 smaller ones for point defence etc.
    I am planning on one more large dock on the bottom

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Download: http://starmadedock.net/content/longbow-attack-cruiser.2511/

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    -UPDATE-
    Finished most of the carrier's outer hull and upper armour plates
    Not much detailing as of yet, will come, don't worry folks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Regarding your battleship I have an idea for you, it's a small-ish detail but try adding some mattise charged circuits to your fin designs. They look like solid glass and adding in some lines of glowing circuits would make them a bit veiny and threatening.

As for your carrier have you considered racks? Check the drone R&D thread if you haven't already. You could be missing out on making your life alot easier.

So far so good though, don't give up! It takes forever to make a big ship, kinda why I prefer small ones =P... but it's worth it! So very, very, worth it.:D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I have switched from SP to multiplayer, I'm now at the NFD build server, sector 6,6,6. Come and take a look if you're interested

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, my fellow Starmadian! I like the designs you have, they look like Star Wars meets BSG meets WW2 battleships, all of which area awesome to me. I prefer a more Halo UNSC meets WW2 battleships style, which I've found is very hard to pull off. Good luck in your later projects, and ciao for now!
    PS: "Hello my fellow Starmadians" is my intro. Its copyrighted, ya piece o' garbage.