• I build on creative and import to normal game

Votes: 16 24.2%
    • Someting else

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Legit and Solo. I cannot get onto servers from China, and am exploring the game. Recently stopped due to the massive FPS drop I got from the last two updates, and the spike in power usage from my salvage cannon. I'll probably come back at some point, but not until FPS issues are addressed and the power consumption is stabilized.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Creative creative creative creative. I occasionaly hop on elwyn and steal credits from faction members to spawn new ships but other than that lots and lots of creative and admin commands.

So did anyone else notice that @ToyotaSupra said that there was no way of decorating a shit that you had been flying around for a while?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, exactly, 2 salvage modules with 2 cannon support is my default setup.

If its changed for pure salvage, I dont see why this should prevent you from playing. I never used pure salvage by themselves unless I was forced to due to lack of resources for cannons.
    It makes everything feel unbalanced. Because instead of using arrays that consume 5000 e/s you can just build one that only uses 100 e/s with exactly the same speed. It basically ruins the whole customisable feel the game has.

That said, it is going to change, and I'm not entirely sure how yet, but salvage is going to be amazing.

Reaction score
    Creative creative creative creative. I occasionaly hop on elwyn and steal credits from faction members to spawn new ships but other than that lots and lots of creative and admin commands.

So did anyone else notice that @ToyotaSupra said that there was no way of decorating a shit that you had been flying around for a while?
    Hot damn, no I didn't.

Well, it is a different idea for a ship right? And disposable...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    100% legit, 100% solo. Someone has to keep an eye on the single player.
    This is my take on playing as well. When there's a new version with great changes like recently with the 0.18xx release I start a fresh single-player universe and begin collecting what's needed from the default start. In other words every block is either bought, crafted, or looted, no administrator commands are used at all. ;)

Personally I think this is the only way to test out the whole feel of the game and what in some cases needs to be tweaked or can be improved for an even more versatile game play experience.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I always play legit, buying and building blocks. A also only play solo as my internet is to slow for multiplayer. The only downside to this is that to buy a station is a lot and the only other place to build factories is plants. So I am playing at 7-8 fps.

Reaction score
    I tried playing legit once and the mechanics for it simply aren't there for me to enjoy it. The only real progression, aside from the obvious ship building, is the crafting system and I personally always hated this games crafting system. Until things like exploration, maybe survival, or some other goal is implemented I'll probably just build and design ships in creative.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I mostly build ships, but I play a little bit of legit SP, too.

Reaction score
    Try both, in games like this there are almost always 2 minicommunitys of pilots and builders.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Planr, Wispfire, Boroski and I have been playing on hyper-core legit so far, and it's been pretty rewarding. We're working on a colony ship for us to ride out away from spawn and through a wormhole, hopefully so we can find a proper homeland

(spoilers to all older players: we're basically re-enacting the rise of arstotzka all over again. It's pretty fun.)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I just started a new universe where I play completely legit. I try to craft everything on my own and buy ships with blocks. For designing the blueprints I use my creative mode universe, however.

Reaction score
    so its officially been two weeks now since the last update basically broke legit survival play. iv been unable to enjoy the game since. :(

as @FunnyBunny14 had mentioned the salvaging mechanics have gone from "needs work" to "completely broken". i REALLY hope this will be fixed in the next update so we can continue to enjoy the game. because it seemed so cruel (though obviously not on purpose) to give us epic galaxies but also break a vital game mechanic. we have received seven hot fixes in that time but salv mechanics has yet to be fixed.

perhaps a fix for it is not as easy as it seems or it would probably have been fixed by now. but, @schine can we at least go back to the "needs work" mechanics until the current "broken" mechanics are fixed? many of us have been unable to enjoy the game for over two weeks now. especially with the new epic galaxies added.

iv been checking the site religiously everyday hoping a hot fix for this has been uploaded. but after two weeks now, iv gotten bored of all my other games ( borderlands, skyrim, diablo, ect) i really want to come back to starmade and its awesomeness. this game has become the central piece of my gaming habits and nothing else compares. i refuse to play "creative" as anything i make that way just doesn't feel.....right.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, @OdraNoel , it indeed is annoying that the salvage mechanics are broken. But Calbiri is working hard on making something new work. The value is called salvagedamage. I don't know what it will do, but since it is most likely going to be a type of damage all the effects will no longer be broken. So be patient ;)

I do really hope that it gets fixed for the next update though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You could of course chain a slave cannon array to the salvage computer and keep on salvaging, that's what I do for now.
    Actually I did that anyhow already before the salvaging broke in the latest release. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could of course chain a slave cannon array to the salvage computer and keep on salvaging, that's what I do for now.
    Actually I did that anyhow already before the salvaging broke in the latest release. ;)

Greets,

Jan
    And show how broken the salvage mechanics actually are? No thank you!

Yeah, I know about it, but it is way too OP.

Reaction score
    I'm totally necroing this.... but after a few months of playing legit... I'm done. It's just not possible with the glitches/bugs to do with inventory/multislots. I had over 200K of sertise disappear on my while moving it around my inventory. It's just not possible to play legit when something so absurdly rare just disappears out of your inventory. This is also not the first time this has happened.

For now, I'm done with starmade (need a break)... I'll be back and when I do you can find me on a Build/Creative Server where I can use admin commands to replace blocks that disappear on me.

Reaction score
    The blueprint problem doesn't help. My quitting moment came when I lost a whole chunk of my corvette. I bought it into the game and found that the mining beams I had built onto it were missing. I later found that other players have experienced similar things.

Combined with the recent change which drastically slowed down the mining beams on my little runabout, I just threw in the towel. Maybe I will get back to it someday, but legit play (at least, in single player) just doesn't seem to work.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is one major problem with the current legit play enforced by the blueprint update, unless you are in your admin command SP universe or in a large faction. The update made aquiring even small decent looking functional stuff far more time consuming.

This is like trying to play skyrim legit after finding out about the restoration potion loop back in the days: the grind just isn't as fun as it is supposed to be. Worse in starmade: the grind is basically pointing beams at asteroids until your eyes bleed, and then afterwards putting it all in a giant factory network you might have to completely readjust for that decorative block sample you wish to add. Even more so when you do not draw much joy from building extremely simple or ugly starter craft. Just look at the recipe for brown advanced armor, for instance...

This may be the "curse of the alpha tester", but I really, really don't like the salvage beam grind compared to the creative part.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    While true, you simply need infinite resources if you want to design a detailed large capital ship - quality builds that take months to build need all the help they can get.

I must say that so far I have not seen any "pretty" builds at all on no-blueprint servers. Most ships there are extremely basic in looks and sometimes even showing plenty of uncovered system blocks.
    Have you visited us or seen some of the player ships? I beg to differ :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So far I've found creating ships in survival extremely satisfying. I built the Maul 100% from crafted materials, it took a while but was worth it. I've not run into any material loss that I've noticed anyway.

Reactions: Lidren