Anyone else dragged into systemhack?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Howdy.

Was just playing on a server and got a socket time out exception, then when I tried to continue it said I wasn't playing the up to date version so I had to update.

Irked that nobody had seemed to mention this, but figured there was probably a server update schedule somewhere, so duly updated to latest version.

Attempted 'continue last play'

Somehow joined systemhack.net server...

Got out, saw 8 players on that server, and eventually found my server, which was still on the old version.

Wouldn't normally be concerned with this being glitchy, but given the name being systemhack, and the odd behaviour, you do wonder if someone is trying to be an asshat, so I thought I'd see if that had happened elsewhere, if the server is genuine and if anyone trying to spy on my data is disappointed I don't have any banking details on here. :p

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    its just a standard PEBCAK error, happens all the time with this new launcher

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    its just a standard PEBCAK error, happens all the time with this new launcher
    Despite this being true, I feel as though the server list can still be clicked through the 'play' button, and that when it is, it takes priority over the server you previously selected.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Despite this being true, I feel as though the server list can still be clicked through the 'play' button, and that when it is, it takes priority over the server you previously selected.
    Might be right there, i've done it a whole bunch of times recently, just not necessarily with systemhack as the result lol

Reaction score
    • Tester
    the Launcher has nothing to do with this!

the main menu selector for servers defaults to a random server most of the time.
    this results in connecting to the wrong server all the time if you are not carefull.
    it can be minimized by placing the servers you play as favorites, and then select favorites a viewing option.