any tips on playing on odd sized screens? (UI size)

Reaction score
    Hi. I used to play starmade on a macbook pro. It had a lot more screen space(17 inch). Now I have a surface pro. it is much smaller but windows has been running most programs more smoothly. Starmade, however, is having issues.

The UI is always very small. very. very small. Like I can not make out the text and everything is thin and tiny.

My screen is at 2736 x 1824, which is not a number I have seen before. It also didn't seem to be a setting in starmade. I have tried matching the resolutions. on the low end, mid end and high end numbers. the amount of space the game takes up on the screen changes, but not the scale of the UI. But when I fiddle with the resolution the bottom of the game either gets cut off, or the full screen doesn't even try to expand to fit the screen, it just gets rid of the 'window' that is around non fullscreen games.

Sadly this seems to be solely a surface pro 4 screen issue, since I have had it with other programs.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the issue, knows a workaround, or if there is a setting for scaling up the ui.

I know it isn't really an issue with the game itself, it is just compatibility, but I'm hoping maybe someone knows more than I do about it.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I was wondering if anyone else has had the issue, knows a workaround, or if there is a setting for scaling up the ui.
    Unfortunately, we don't support GUI scaling at the moment. This is a fairly high priority feature and we are looking into it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    +1 here.

Ole' Blindy (I) can't read anything @ 4k. :P
    But man.... everything else is gorgeous.