Any plans for making missiles work with turrets?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    After each of the recent updates that worked to improve AI missile use, I tried to create a turret using missiles, but was dissapointed to discover that the Bobby AI still won't fire them. Are there any plans to fix that?

Really, I feel that there is a great need for some kind of heavy weapon for capital ships. The "pew-pew-pew" effect of particle cannons feel very inadequate to the size of the turrets and guns I'm mounting on 20k+ mass ships. The DF missiles, at a minimum, can provide some sense of a heavier cannon.

Reaction score
    Hi,

I tested this too, using a small SD-BB missile turret. When set for \"target any\" and \"turret\" it doesn\'t work (bobby AI aims, but doesn\'t fire missile); then if the ship it\'s docked onto gets killed and the turret is auto-undocked (and possibly if you manually undock the turret - I didn\'t test much) the turret magically starts working and does fire missiles.

Basically; it\'s frustratingly close to working, but doesn\'t. I\'m tempted to assume the only reason it doesn\'t work is bugs.

Reaction score
    In the case of you trying to get a heavy weapon (high dam, low RoF), I am trying to get a railgun added to the game once schema determines that the game is stable enough to add something new.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Add a weapons computer and a single amc (targeting laser) to your SD-BB turret and it will work. Hopefully this requirement will be patched out but its a nice workaround for now

Should work with other missile types but I\'ve only tested it on my guided missile turrets I\'ve been dying to use

Reaction score
    No longer need an AMC to be viable, it\'s been patched in the latest update. Previously, the range of a turret with no AMCs was 50.

No idea if they work with SD-BBs, but I do know they fire SD-KBs and D1Ks.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I had to put an AMC on my SD-BB turrets to make them do anything, I saw one move once but they do not even track targets normally.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I tried a turret with a D1000 system last night, and it didn\'t fire at all. Tried it again with the AMC today, and still nothing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    why dont people read the patch notes?????? Kilo if you had read the new patch notes you would have known this has been patched in as war Dog has mentioned, however if your having problems still then maybe you should ask for help in the help forum?

(as i have been playing around with the new torpedo system now inplace i havnt had time to check the missile turret yet myself, but from what people has been saying in thread this seems like your just having the problem but sorry i cant help)

Reaction score
    Hi,

@Vitavoro: People do read the patch notes, but despite what the patch notes say turrets with SD-BB missiles (and possibly other types of missiles - I haven\'t tested them) do not work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Pay Vitavoro no heed, Qweesdy - that was a troll if I\'ve ever seen one.