Anti Griefing and/or Boarding logic toys?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm sure we've all thought up something for those people that try to get on the ships and stations we've made to try and steal them so why not show off what you've made. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make Faction > Make Base > Add Faction Block > Make Homebase > Dock Ships > Change All Faction Block Permissions to Founder

There ya go, no one can grief your stuff. Boarding is a different matter however. :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I thought this was in the logic section of the forums? Not the faction and homebase tutorial section?

Can we please see some serious posts as I'm legitimately interested in this sort of thing....

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol I'm in the middle of building a nice trap for those with too much time on their hands. :P

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Damage pulse that is activated by an area trigger.
    I've been thinking about that, and as an anti-enemy boarding system around a faction module that'd be fine, but around the core that's dangerous. If the pilot crashes or exits the ship it would kill them. I'm thinking that for core defenses it'd turn on an inner ship remote as an indicator light, and when you turn it off it fires the defense.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That's right people, and it's all going to be possible thanks to the logic system. It's a long text but I suggest you give it a read.

The problem I was facing: I plan on using my titan (or any other large ships) on servers but don't really feel like having it stolen. I don't really fear external thieves because of the way the faction system works, they'd basically have to crack the shields first and dodge the hailstorm of turret fire that would come next. No, what I'm really worried about is spies! Adding a codded door lock to the core room is nice and all, but it's very easy to dig through it (not to mention that's it's possible to open it with "r"). So, I needed a solution to that rather... annoying problem.

THE SOLUTION (tm): That's where the pulsar comes in play. Hooking up a proximity sensor (or whatever it's called) to a lock system controlling a pulsar located besides the ship core would kill any unwanted intruder.

Explanation: Considering that the ship would have a core room, the proxy sensor could be configured to activate whenever someone gets in that room. Hooking this up to a pulsar (which will deal damage in the next patch) effectively means that anyone getting close to the core instantly dies. Add in a code lock to activate or deactivate the system and you've got yourself a spy/troll proof anti theft system!!!

Note: This is all done assuming that the logic blocks can control weapon systems.
    A post I made with some theorycrafting before the current weapon system came out. It'd be entirely possible to create this system in the current version of the game.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    A post I made with some theorycrafting before the current weapon system came out. It'd be entirely possible to create this system in the current version of the game.
    The only thing I'd fear is someone willing to spend the time to get into a turret and press the down arrow.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The only thing I'd fear is someone willing to spend the time to get into a turret and press the down arrow.
    I guess you could have area trigger bubbles around the turret cores (with a docked entity) and have a secondary system for the turrets?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I guess you could have area trigger bubbles around the turret cores (with a docked entity) and have a secondary system for the turrets?
    I kinda realized that after posting that, and that'd be very viable, anyone going to turrets outside of SP or something isn't up to good :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I kinda realized that after posting that, and that'd be very viable, anyone going to turrets outside of SP or something isn't up to good :p
    Just imagine the surprise;
    "hue hue hue going in teh tooretz cuz moron put protection for shiep coar"
    *Gets slapped by a damage pulse*
    "WHAT THE F*CK"

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Just imagine the surprise;
    "hue hue hue going in teh tooretz cuz moron put protection for shiep coar"
    *Gets slapped by a damage pulse*
    "WHAT THE F*CK"
    The *only* issue I see is people who are slightly smarter, but there's even a limit on that. I'd fear someone just putting a build block on the ship, but if the faction permissions are that bad it's going to be stolen anyways. If they're just going for a turret and send two people, one to die and one to get in before it re-loads would also be not-optimal.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The *only* issue I see is people who are slightly smarter, but there's even a limit on that. I'd fear someone just putting a build block on the ship, but if the faction permissions are that bad it's going to be stolen anyways. If they're just going for a turret and send two people, one to die and one to get in before it re-loads would also be not-optimal.
    That's if it's a faction mate, otherwise not happening. And if it really is a faction mate then it's usually pretty easy to determine who did it with online times, etc...

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    how i protect myself from intruders? i squize them like indiana jones.
    them be walking through a hall and beep beep walls get closer, they are forced to move to a spot where the walls ain't closing on on them, and there they get a salvo of damage pulses and cannons, while they try to slowly get through the advanced armor. muhahahahah!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    how i protect myself from intruders? i squize them like indiana jones.
    them be walking through a hall and beep beep walls get closer, they are forced to move to a spot where the walls ain't closing on on them, and there they get a salvo of damage pulses and cannons, while they try to slowly get through the advanced armor. muhahahahah!
    What? No retracting floor revealing a huge pool of lava?

Color me disappoint.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    How come no one suggested the Insane Gravity Room? A room, that, if you wander into it, you will be caught into a never ending loop of gravity shifts. My brigs are going to work this way, but I will have to test a bit for viability. A more useful application could be for catapulting players into hazards, such as a lava ceiling, or towards the faction module they are looking for, only to be ironically killed by a damage pulse when they got so close.

Also, I would add some additional Indiana Jones/Death Star Compactor style traps as well, but they are more for distraction and a deterrent for would be thieves. In addition, a cleverly hidden trap door could exhaust players attempts to find it. Ultimately, I plan to be devious and deceive people into thinking one thing, and then send them to an entirely unexpected and untimely death. From that point on my ships will prevent further breaches with antipersonnel turrets.