Anti-Gravity Field

Reaction score
    I have a suggestion for a block/module. It would be similar to the defensive effect that reduces the effects of gravity on the ship it is mounted on. Instead of being an effect, it would be an field based block/module that reduced/negated the effects of gravity on all objects and entities within the field. It would be used to, for example, have a station within the gravity of a wormhole. Normally, if a ship tried to dock they would be pulled in too fast to be able to click the docking module. With this item, it would be possible to create a area where they wont be pulled in so that you could dock.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, a Stop effect on your ship will already prevent you from falling into gravity, so you could always just put that on ships trying to dock with a black hole station.

But I see where you're going with it, the ability to create a safe pocket in an otherwise dangerous zone.

Reaction score
    The problem with the stop effect is that it doesn't work on players, so while you are getting out of the ship core it sucks you in, also if you don't have a stop effect module you will always get sucked in.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I thought Stop effect on ships only worked near planets. It's been a while since I tried, but the last time I checked it had no effect on wormholes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The problem with the stop effect is that it doesn't work on players, so while you are getting out of the ship core it sucks you in, also if you don't have a stop effect module you will always get sucked in.
    A gravity module on your ship/station should prevent this. You can use area triggers to transition between one gravity zone to another.

I just wish the devs would make the gravity effect persistent between logins/logouts and entering/exiting ships... or just allow connecting a gravity module to a core so, whenever you enter the interior area of the ship you're under the influence of the craft's gravity.